Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the local shops here in town about lifting my wifes 95 2 door Yukon and they all told me that in order to get 35's under there I needed to do a 6 inch suspension lift this would be assuming I use a 10" wheel, I am wondering if 315's would fit on an 8" wheel with only a 4" lift. The reason for not wanting the 6" lift unless it is the only way is 1. the cost 2. garage and parking garages clearance issues. There are some parking garages she parks in that are only 6'8".

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
ive heard of guys running 35's with a 3" body lift. but that would be so tight that it would need a good amount of trimming. if you did the 315's with a 4" you would need to trim. just go for the 6 you would be better off

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i agree, you will have a lot of clearance problems even with the 8" rims. I would put 33's or go to the 6" lift. Even with the 6" lift i would still use the 8" rims if you do a lot of off-roading so that you dont have to worry about rubbing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you want to fit 35s with out rubbing I would put them on a 8 inch wheel. I have a 97 Siverado with a 3 inch body lift and torqued up bars running 33x12.50 on a 10 inch wheel and when I turn and hit a good size bump the tires hits the fender. My passenger side fender is pushed back far enough to touch the wheel well. I have a friend with an 88 silverado with a 3 in body lift and the same tires but a 8 in wheel and the tire never hits and his bars are not torqued up. 10 inch wheels are great for looks and mud slinging but I would stick with a 8 in wheel.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i have 10" wide wheels on my truck with only a body lift. nothing done to the torsion bars or anything. the only time i ever get it to rub is when i start hitting some major bumps at a pretty good speed

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
my neighbor put a 6" on his tahoe and 36's. he said that the only time he rubbed was at full turn going into a driveway. so he put a 3" body on top of it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A 4 inch suspension lift with a 3 inch body lift will easily fit 35's. If you throw them on a set of 8 inch rims 36's will clear, with some minor rubbing in extreme off-road situations.

Sniper

On 2002-04-09 08:49, lsgibb wrote:
I talked to the local shops here in town about lifting my wifes 95 2 door Yukon and they all told me that in order to get 35's under there I needed to do a 6 inch suspension lift this would be assuming I use a 10" wheel, I am wondering if 315's would fit on an 8" wheel with only a 4" lift. The reason for not wanting the 6" lift unless it is the only way is 1. the cost 2. garage and parking garages clearance issues. There are some parking garages she parks in that are only 6'8".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts