Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for opinions on lifts for my full size bronco.
I figure my picks are
4" with 33" tires ...
6" with 35" tires ...
or the autofab kit which is supposed to give 16" of wheel travel.. at http://www.autofab.com/naked.htm
anyone try this kit?
I'm in California so this is mostly desert and mountains.

My other truck is a 3/4 ton PU with 6" and 35". Is the 6" going to make it tippy because of the short wheel base?

·
Registered
145 Posts
where in CA are you, i have a 92 bronco with a 6" superlift superrunner lift. i have 315/75R16 pro comp mud terrains on it. the tires rub a bit when i hit a bump while turning, but not too bad.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Costa Mesa.
We usually go up big bear, red-rock area or sometimes out to glamis.

Right now it's stock suspension ... no lift running 33 x 9.5 x15.
I had to cut the front bumpers so they fit.

I was looking at the pro-comp 6" with the arms, so it gets more down travel and running the 35". I've got the 5.8 engine so it shouldn't die going up the grape vine.

what size in inches is a 315?

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have the one with the arms, check out my site, but i dont have any pics of the suspension. http://www.cardomain.com/id/big_dave
this weekend i am putting in my new shocks and a skyjacker dual steering stabilizer, so i will hopefully get some good suspension pictures. we are headed out to el mirage on the 6th and 7th, a bunch of us from the site, you should check it out.
and the 315 is about 34 1/2 inch tires.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Truck! Getting some air were you?

Will the lake be dry by then? What part of el mirage you going to? Is there a contact?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I had 4" on my 88 F-150, pretty much the same as a bronco, I ran 35's no prob, no fender rubbing, then I took the 4 off and put the 6" on it looked really tuff. You can run 35's with the 4". You know the difference in price between the 4" and 6" kits is only about 30 bucks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Well with almost all of the ford IFS lifts you will have rubbing there, Superlift came out with some arms that were supposed to elimanate most of the rubbing.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Rollcage, im in La Habra, and Rawkon is in costa mesa also. you should come out to el mirage with us.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
rambrdr,

these are message forums..not AOL chat rooms!!!

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be out at El Mirage Saturday.

For the lift the pre-91's you can run 33" stock and 35 with a 4"... but the wheel wells are different on the 91-96...
concerns were tork... because I'm not changing gears...then wheel travel..and rubbing.

This truck has factory gears I figure 3.55's or 3.73. I'm wondering if the 35" are pushing the envelope and I will loose all my tork?
I have 35" on my GMC but it has 4.11 gears...
So is anyone with 3.55's running 35's ??
and do you have any tork left?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts