Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the least amount of lift I would need to put 33's on my 1999 Dodge 1500 Sport it is stock right now with 265/75/16 on it, also any recomendations on the best lift (body or Suspension) and who is the best manufacturer..
Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
In my opinion, you would need 3" of lift to get 33's to fit and run properly. What size rims do you want to run? You can run 33's on 10's with 3" of lift.

There are a few Suspension lifts out there. Trailmaster, ProComp, SkyJacker just to name a few.

I personally don't like Bodylifts. I would go with a suspension lift.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably be running 10X16 and bf goodrich tires (like to offroad but mostly use it day to day on road) Any good tire reccomendations, also how hard is it to do a suspension lift if you have never done one before.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Daystar 2" spacers should be all you need. I'm clearing 315/75R16s (34.8x12.50R16) on 16x8s with no noticeable rub with a 3" suspension lift and an extra 300# of steel up front.

So I'm losing a 1/2" or so right there.

I'd buy the tires, put em under the truck, find out where they rub, and then if minor, stick some daystar spacers in if only minor. If you can't drive it off-road, then you know you'll need to get a real lift, not just a set of small spacers.

Shouldn't need any lift in the back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts