Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the skyjacker 5' lift..the new shocks bushings are smaller then stock shock bushings... therefore im afraid its going to pull right through shock mount..anyone have this problem help need a.s.a.p truck is in shop!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Did you get the Skyjacker shocks? If you did, then you should have no problem. There is a metal sleeve that goes through the middle of the bushing in the shock eye, it was pretty tight when I did my lift. If you need more, just ask me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the bushings for the top of the skyjacker shocks in the front... they think they are to samll that they might pull through the stock shock mounts..stock shocks have much bigger bushing

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
No way man those bushings should be about an 1" in diameter the hole in the shock tower is maybe 3/8" (can't remember). Just make sure that when you do install them you tighten the bushing down until there is a slight "buldge". You really can't get a torque wrench on it that because its not hexagonal.

·
Registered
962 Posts
On my 5in lift the skyjacker bushing sleeves were too small. I used them anyway. It made it kinda noisy but no problems. I have recently replaced them with the right size. I waited for them to wear out though. It was accelerated as they were hopping a little bit.

<Matt

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I had the same problem on my last truck and it made a clunking sound. They don't need to replace the shocks, just have Skyjacker send you out the properly sized bushings and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys its done!! they used the smaller bushings but skyjacker said they would not pull through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts