Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know much about Dodges but i'm pretty sure 3 inches will clear 35's b/c that's all my ex-boyfriend had and he cleared 35.12.50's, I don't know about the year of the truck b/c his was a 97, and I'm not sure if they've changed them since then. Don't hold me to any of this but I'm pretty sure it will. Why not just go for 5 inch and do it yourself? Then you can say later on that you did instead of paying some place to do all the labor for you.
-HiBoyGal ------Later

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Well i have a 2000 4x4 with 36's and they clear ok buyt i dont think u could fit 35's on a 3" lift with out having a huge amount of rubbing and like no turning radious

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I am in the same boat... I want to do the 5" i think too, I am just debating wether or not I should do it myself... a local shop here will install the 3" BDS for 850 bucks... not bad considering they will fix anything that breaks for FREE! Same with the 5" BDS, but the cost is around 1200 installed I think. even though i would like to install it myself, the fact that they will do repair work on it for free for the life of the truck since BDS is warrantied for life is a plus... but we will see... but then comes that fact that I have 3.55 gears... and with 35" tires there is no way I am going to do that with out a 4.10 or 4.56 gear swap or I will be eating trannys more than I am already!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
they will rub at some point if not right away-go for the 5" lift--

I have a buddy who's selling his 4.5" skyjacker lift off of a 3/4 ton 99 diesel--he's asking $800-- it's missing some parts--I think he said it would cost another $200 to buy the parts--if any one is interested--speak up and I'll get you his info....chris

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I got my 4 1/2" skyjacker installed for 350 bucks. I told them I wanted a firm quote before they started on it, so I paid them before they put the lift on. They ended up getting the parts in at noon, and it took them until 11:30 at night. I made them stay and finish it because I needed the truck to drive 500 miles the next day. They broke one of the U bolts, had trouble getting some other things apart, and the front end alone took them 4 or 5 hours, with 2 or 3 guys working on it. The guy told me I got one heck of a deal on labor....guess he was right.

Nick.

·
Registered
362 Posts
There is no greater feeling than doing it your self and seeing the effort pay off not to mention the extra cheese in you pocket cause you didnt over pay someboy else that probably doesnt care about the way your truck rides anyway put the kit on for you.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i would love to put the kit on myself, but i'm away at college and don't have the tools or time to do it. I wanna do it now cause my dad doesn't want me to spend my money on it and if i wait till i'm home he'll talk me out of it.
I'm 19 and i've paid every dime on this truck, down payment, notes, insurance, and gas. i worked my ass off to get it and want it bigger. Uncle369, didn't you say a 3 inch would clear 35's

·
Registered
234 Posts
I guess i am lucky that my dads a mechanic who owns a shop w/ bays lifts and everything! I wont have to worry about paying anyone for installation!

·
Registered
203 Posts
roughrider4ever, where are you at in texas. i am in school in el paso for the next 4 months. if you are close to el paso, i have everything you need to install the lift and i don't mind helping out as long as it is during the weekend...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts