Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So once my new truck gets to the dealer they are going to send it out for whatever I want to get done.
I was going to have them put on a Skyjacker 2.5 inch system with a set of Hellcats and some 35x12.5 16 BFG MT KM's

I am now thinking of a 4.5 inch Skyjacker system with a set of Weld SS Stone Crushers and a set of 37x12.5 17 BFG MT KM's

I think this might be a little too tall and unusable for a daily driver but it is very tempting.

This will be on a 2002 2500 Diesel.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Drool....

Bill, what kind of daily driving? I drive Hwy 9 from Boulder Creek down into Saratoga daily.

And I'm on 35s. If you keep the anti-roll bars hooked up, you should stay nicely under control on flatter/straighter ground.

I've seen a number of trucks up my way with the 2.5" kit, and they look nice, but are about the size of my 3" lift. The 4.5" lift would be killer!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my daily drive is all of 10-15 miles a day if you count going to and from lunch. I think I spend as much time warming my truck up before going anywhere as I do driving it on a normal day.

My concern is that once in a while I would be pulling a trailer. I would would need an 8 or 10 inch drop hitch to hook anything up.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bill,

Go all the way! Get what you want! Don't settle for less! Remember, you'll eventually come to a point where you'll want to go bigger, so why not do it right the first time!?!? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The issue becomes getting in and out of the truck. With it being that tall easy of use is almost out the window.
I know that with my mustang I started out with modest plans and then went nuts now I can hardly drive the thing on the street. I am worried about ending up at the same point with my truck and then having to get something else to drive every day.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sidewinder steps? what are those?
I was looking at a set of weld on Rockstoppers so that I can actually use them. Most steps are not rated high enough to hold someone my size.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sidewinder steps move up and down, via a contact switch. They are rated for 300 or 350 LBS. Here is the site. http://www.kodiaksidewinder.com/index2.html

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Hey Bill if you want to see what your diesel will look like then start looking at my truck. I have the Skyjacker Class II 2.5" kit with 35x12.50 16.5. I will soon be going to a 4.5" kit in the front and custom National Springs in the rear. I can't set a link for my gallery but go to http://www.Dodgetrucks.org and click on galleries and then look for Foolish's Gallery. By the way the rear is lower than the front hopefully that won't happen if you get the SYSTEM with rear springs instead of an add a leaf.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Foolish,

Thanks for the info. I check it out but none of the pictures were that close to the truck. The boat looks good though.

Do you have any other pictures?
Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey Bill my daily ride is 20 miles each way. It is a cross between winding mountain back roads and intersate 80. I use to do it in a 96 1500 with a 6" lift and 35s. It wasn't a bad ride at all.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tweaked,
Thanks for the info.
I wasn't worried too much about the drive just the pain of getting in and out for the thing every time I go somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts