Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the Tuff Country steel spacers on my '00 Quad. So far so good, and gives the truck an awesome stance with my 285s. I believe up to a 305-75 would fit with the right rims now. Best of luck, Im a little leery of molded spaces but many people run 'em.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Long shocks are recomended, I'm running Pro comp shocks and love 'em

·
Registered
807 Posts
i was told longer shocks werent needed but when installing the daystars i found out you do need them. it does look better with them on but ive been hauling alot of weight lately and it looks bad when it sags alot. i might add 2 inch add-a-leafs in the rear. its only like 50 bucks and im buying new rear shocks anyway.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I ran the Rough country 2 inch lift nd like it so far. it gave me a lot of front clearence for my bumper I have only slammed it on the ground once climbin a hill with hawiiluver.

Im runnin the stock size shocks rancho rs5000s. and so far so good. 2inches in the front and a 1 inch block in the back that their leveling kit.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Im running the Daystars with my stock shocks, and havent had a problem yet with the length. ill need new ones with my 6" lift coming soon though.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I will be installing the 6" Dick Cepek lift soon. Just setup an account with the distributer! :):

·
Registered
275 Posts
i got an 01 off road with 305 75 17 bfg mudd terrian km on it with out any spacers and have no rubbing

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got 2" Daystars on mines and I had to change the shocks to longer ones....helps me fit 35's on 16x10 no rubbing

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Foolish...which catalog I have looked online and nothing and I don't remember seeing them in my newest catalog...do you know who makes them?

·
Registered
815 Posts
24.95 were man i cant find em

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Found 'em, just got a new catalog today. There on page 14 in the new products section....let me see yep I am ordering them today....wooooohooooo :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
What a bunch of sh*t....I called them to order the spacer and they aren't coming out until next month because they were priced wrong in the catalog(24.95). The guy I talked to said they are actually going to go for about 240.00. Damn it...thought it was going to be an awesome deal :burning: :burning: :burning:

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
what kind of nut job would pay $240 for coil spacers?.. I hope summit doesn't plan on making too much money off them.

Oh, and I think 2500 coils are the way to go for a leveling kit!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have had the Daystar spacers and the Skyjacker coils and hands down I recommend the coils. You get the same lift but they also improve the ride quality.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I already have the 5" Skyjacker lift...so for that price I will just get the 7" coils...I just thought if they were 25 bucks you couldn't beat it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
On 2001-12-30 12:59, canyonero02 wrote:
i was told longer shocks werent needed but when installing the daystars i found out you do need them.

At what point during the installation did you realize that you needed longer shocks? I am running mine with stock shocks and don't have a problem. The only time I notice them is when I blast through a sippy and hit a deep rut and I can feel them bottoming out but that's it.

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
I just noticed that the original question was if a 2 inch leveling kit would eliminate rubbing with 285's... The rubbing is on the lower link arms, so to get rid of that you either need new rims or a wheel spacer. The leveling kit isn't necessary. I don't really trust wheel spacers, so I'd say get new rims.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Actually I think he has to sell them for the posted price. At a department store if it's marked wrong it's on the seller not the buyer, not sure how mail catalogs are tho'....I'd get a little heavy with him and I'll bet he'll cave........

I'm running the 3" SkyJacker coils and 2" superlift spacers and had to go to longer shocks beacause of wheelin, if it's for the road, you may not have to. I didn't have a problem until I wheeled mine with the shorter SkyJacker shocks, then they topped out and I replaced them with longer SSV's....no problem since.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts