Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how lifting a leased 2006 tacoma will void or affect warranty or other contractual agreements. Lookin for Xmas present for my brothers new ride.

Thanks

Brett

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've seen alot of leased vehicles with lifts. I think you can modify them as long as they are retuned to stock when the lease is up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about if the truck has a problem even if it is not lift related. Will the dealer give him any crap. Also do you still have those pro comp lights I never mailed you the check for???

Brett

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
most dealers are coll with it if its done right, possibly even better if you can prove a noteworthy shop did it, some places will void the warranty totally or partially, talk to the dealer where he bought it at.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Depends on the dealer for the most part. If the modification is what caused the problem, unless you know somebody high up in the dealer, it's not getting warrentied. For example, say the truck is lifted and the radio stops working, they will still warrenty it. But if you have 35in tires on it and the tranny blows, they probably won't warrenty it. That's where it depends on the dealer. At the dealer I work at, several times I have seen a lifted truck come in with blown tranny's. Ususally if the bought the truck from us and do all their maintainace with us we will warrenty the first one but then future tranny's are customer pay.

·
Registered
334 Posts
lifted 05/06 tocomas rock i love mine
[img=250x185]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2098000-2098999/2098285_13.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
On 2005-12-12 07:07, whiteram4x wrote:
I've seen alot of leased vehicles with lifts. I think you can modify them as long as they are retuned to stock when the lease is up.

:withstupid: Just make sure its all stock when you return it :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
why does it have to be stock on return, wouldnt the lift raise the value when they resell?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
On 2005-12-13 15:33, hieneken49 wrote:
why does it have to be stock on return, wouldnt the lift raise the value when they resell?

no, a stock vehicle is worth more to the dealer. Anything you add to it has to be put back to stock, tint, stereo, etc. Unless you sell it, then pay off whatever is still owed.

Also ANY scratches, dents will have to be fixed by your insurance which will probably raise the premiums. And you cannot go over a certain amount of miles or you have to pay for all the miles you went over.

EDIT: the vehicle also has to be serviced by the dealer. This is what my local Toyota Dealership told me, I dont know if all these requirements vary by dealer.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I know a guy at school that has a lease tacoma. He runs 2" leveling spacers and some 32" thornbirds on 10" wide wheels. It looks killer. He says whenever he takes it in for service that he just swaps the stock wheels and tires back on..... and that the dealer hasnt noticed, or just hadnt said anything about the 2" front spacer. We were just having this conversation the other day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
what do you guys think about people who lease a truck and plow snow with it until the lease is up and then keep doing it.

lease a brand new truck and plow with it
lease ends, turn in truck
lease another brand new truck and plow with it
etc
etc

my boss's i plow for do it. i dont understand how it is worth doing it, especially seeing how they treat the leased trucks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
On 2005-12-13 16:11, fro-nig wrote:
what do you guys think about people who lease a truck and plow snow with it until the lease is up and then keep doing it.

etc
etc

my boss's i plow for do it. i dont understand how it is worth doing it, especially seeing how they treat the leased trucks.

I think the man benifit to that is he always has a brand new truck with warrenty to plow with . Plowing is really hard on a truck and after a couple years it can start to show it.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
My g/fs brother inlaw does that leases a truck plow snows and pulls his trailer for mowing. Iv never see that truck drive and not be pulling a trailer or plowing. He even leases his riding mowers. By time his {expletive} starts to go sour he has a new truck in the drive

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
On 2005-12-13 16:11, fro-nig wrote:

etc
etc

Read the terms of the lease and you may find that's illegal. I couldn't say for sure, but it seems I remember some clause in mine about using it for commercial purposes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts