Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Ram 1500 completely stock (except Flowmaster cat-backs and K&N Filter) and I need to know what the biggest tire size I can fit inside the fender without any tire rubbing. I just bought the truck 3 weeks ago, but I was planning on doing a wheel/tire upgrade. I was looking into 33x12.5 BF-G Mud Terrains, but I want to know if they will fit. What size lift would I need to fit 35x12.5's without any rubbing? Whats the most used/best liked suspension lift company and what size is sufficient? And finally, are body lifts and suspension lifts good to use together, or do they require any major chasis work/fabrication when used together? Sorry for all the ?'s, but this is my first truck, all my other cars have been sedans and sports cars.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
on my 98 1500 the biggest tire i can fit is a 285x75r16 which is a 32.7x10.50. i like skyjacker lifts (again just my opnion) 3 inches to clear 33x12.50's and 5 to clear 35's

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You can clear 315/75R16s (35x12.50R16) with a 3" lift. I am, and I can wheel without (major) rubbing. At a good stuff and turned right, I get some minor fender-liner rubbing up front. But that depends a bit on the tire.

Stock, 285s are about all you can do.

Also, I have an extra couple hundred pounds up front, with the softest set of springs avail. on the ram, so it sits a little lower, and is more prone to rub than others.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'm running 32" 12.50 x15's BFG AT's on my truck, it's at stock height currently. I don't wheel it much, but there is plenty of room up in the wheel well.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mr Muffin,

where did you get those numbers from?
33s clear with a 3 inch lift no problem.
35 and maybe 36s with a 5 inch
I think that Skyjacker claims 40s on their 7 inch kit.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, that really helped alot. Just one more, where can I get prices on that 7" Skyjacker lift? Thx again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts