Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 2001 ram 1500 slt with the 360 and 4 wheel drive. after having it for a week i noticed a tapping,knocking sound after it is warmed up it dosnt stop till your going over 50mph. brought it in they said it was the torque converter and pump they replaced it when i picked it up the noise was still there. they said it may need to break in and to drive it for 3,000 miles and see if it gets better or worse. im at 1500 miles and still making noise any ideas. they said that the tech guys never heard of this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as the rpms increase the knocking is faster as well i thought it was the lifters myself and at first so did the mechanics but after listing to the motor with the hood up they said it wasnt.the funny thing is when the windows are down you dont hear it. other than this it runs like a charm but i didnt spend $25,000 to hear a vehicle knock if i wanted those sounds i would of gotten a diesel. this will be there third attempt when i bring it back then i think ill try my luck with another service shop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.