Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I have to be cursed and live in the flatlands? No rocks or trails that I know of. Few mudholes within an hour or two drive. Does anyone know of anything to play on or in near Wichita? Or am I just gonna have to say #@!% it and move?

·
Registered
267 Posts
holy geez!!!!!!!!! another lost soul!!!!!! welcome to the pit of dispair my friend. first, let me welcome you to the board, i promise that you will find it useful. second, no. there is nothing close. we are the most unfortunate losers on the planet. just kidding. winoka, however you spell it, in oklahoma, is the closest prerunner area. tuttle creek orv is the closest legal rock and mud area. tuttle is 140 miles up 77 from here.
i can personally vouch for the fun to be had at tuttle. check out http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.cgi?topic=1392&forum=35&19 and scroll to the damage list i added to the bottom. some of us from the site went up there on the 23rd and had at it. everything you could imagine was there. from rockys stock jimmy, which did hella better than sanity should have allowed, to a couple of probuilt jeeps. we will be going again soon, you're welcome to join us. hell, i got footage of the place, you can just come check it out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd definately love to go to tuttle and play around with you guys the next time you go. I'll be running a stock 96 Ram 1500, but I'm sure I'll have fun all the same. Still working a lot of overtime saving for the skyjacker 5" and a 3" body lift. Not to mention the 39.5" tires I have picked out. Let me know the next time you head out, ok?

·
Registered
255 Posts
well, we are planning a trip for mid may I believe. Right elmhat and gotmud? Maybe Mike4x4neb will actually show this time.

I'm saving for a two inch with 31's like Elmhat suggested. Who knows maybe a winch too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
how about the 11th and 12th? the next weekend is mothers day.
i'm going to try to tackle the transfer case this weekend. i also need to break the rearend apart and figure out whats up with my brakes. tom got a new front shaft for his jeep so maybe this time we can get stephanie mudded up good! corey and his gal are going to bring their new toy. late 90's f250 powerstroke 4x4 with a skyjacker 6" lift. hey rocky, when your ready to do that bodylift let me know, we can probably knock that out in a weekend down here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i agree with the rest, not much here for 4x4. if youre really hurtin, there is muddd at 47 th so. and alittle w. of broadway, back behind the old georgia pacific building.
still trying to get pic"s to you rocky, sounds like several are ready for Randolf, i know iam. my son is going to try an make trip to, he has 96 chevy 1/2 t. w/ 33" and a body lift. plus 4 wheeler, i think were all blessed with tuttle being only a couple hrs. for several of us. (neb, wichita, overland park). you folks out there reading and want to go, more the merrier, good time to meet different folks and be thankul.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh hey, thanks for the offer. I went to chuckstrux near me and they said nobody sells a 2" lift kit for my car. Body lift is a definate with some 31s hopefully. I'll keep ya'll posted.

As for the Randolph trip. Just let me know what's good for you guys. 11th and 12th sound good to me. Might have kit around then anyways.

Elm, whenever you can get those pics to me is cool don't worry about it too much. Oh and by the way, just got my digital back and running so when stef gets muddy in the open jeep again I can post some pics for all those people who think all us Kansans are nothing but redneck hillbilly's which is kindof true isnt it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
uh, redneck: yes; hillbilly: no. my double wide no longer has the wheels attached, thank you.
as for the dates earlier... brain fart. the 11th/12th weekend IS mothers day. i have to be in wichita with the wife for some family stuff on the following weekend and quite frankly i don't want to wait that long to play again. how about we move it up to the w/e before mothers day, i think its the 4th/5th. we have access to a gooseneck now so i can tow the burb. not that i plan on breaking something, i just need to know what the limits are...
what do you think, guys? first weekend in may? somebody make an executive decision and then post it in upcoming trips.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Alright, here's the deal. I will be driving down on Saturday (4th) morning planning on arriving and setting up camp around 11am. Will wait for others to arrive at staging area and then spend the night, wheel some more on Sunday (5th) and head back.

Will be bringing digital camera, shovels, chain, ropes, come-a-long, handheld cb, oh and don't forget to bring your replacement front driveshafts. lol j/k :):

This would be the best time for me as to get off from work etc.

Any changes please let me know.

·
Registered
267 Posts
uh, you can't camp there overnight. the sheriff will run you off. they're still pissy up there about the a-hole that had a teensy weensy campfire trash some 200 acres of the park a couple years back. from what i have been told, the little hotel in randolph is only 25 a night.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Tuttle Creek Cove Park – (Corps of Engineers) The fee is $6.00 per camping unit April 15 – September 30. This 252-acre park is located approximately 3 miles north of the dam on the west side of the lake. Facilities include 24 non-electric campsites, 6 walk-in campsites, boat ramp, comfort station, courtesy dock, swim beach and playground. Most campsites lack shade.
This is a day-use only recreation area. The park is closed from sunset to sunrise. No camping or overnight use is permitted.

The nearest campground is Fancy Creek State Park, four miles north.

Or, $25 a night isn't bad either. :D:

·
Registered
23 Posts
there is camping with showers at two sites that are somewhat close to orv. just n. of randolph to highway 16, then east across lake on n&s. side of road, has showers.
then there is stockdale camp ground to the s. it has less campsites, but has shower also.
how about 96 laramie, are you going? may 4&5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts