K5 body on Tahoe 2 door frame ??

Discussion in 'Vehicle Build-Ups' started by yukonsoup, Apr 27, 2015.

1. yukonsoup

yukonsoup New Member

All new to this, in the process of restoring my 96 2 door Tahoe and came across another 96 as a parts truck, really want a 68-72 style and want to know if a body swap is doable to the newer frame, can't afford to buy one already restored but for some reason it seems feasible to build even though you spend more in the end when going this route. Any insight would be appreciated if this is a lot to do it's unknown to me ... Need advice from someone who knows Thanks ...

2. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Well-Known Member

The only question I have to ask is why?

3. yukonsoup

yukonsoup New Member

It would be a project and having the older style look on newer frame and interior would work for me and I have another 96 sitting. Can't afford those 25-35,000 dollar price tags on a sweet K-5, I'm sure it's huge to do but I don't really know yet just starting to dig into the surface of it all and this is my start point.:wall::wall:

4. rabbiporkchop

I think the k5 blazer is a much more durable vehicle than the Tahoe.
    I would rather have a newer body on the older frame to take advantage of the older suspension which is much beefier. if it was me I would fix up the k5 for less money than it would cost to do what you're thinking about doing

5. rabbiporkchop

I like the newer bodies but I like the older suspension so I did a solid axle swap on my 95 Tahoe

TwinTahoes likes this.
  6. TwinTahoes

TwinTahoes New Member

I have two 98 2 door Tahoes-one 2wd, and one 4wd. I am wanting to do a solid axle swap on my 4wd. Any suggestions?