Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I went out spur of the moment today and picked up another set of tires for my truck. Currently my 1/2 ton has a 3" lift and is running 35x12.50x16 Big-O XTs. I picked up a set of 35x14.50x16 Super Swamper Boggers w/50% tread (really cheap). I know that I can't put them on a 16x10 wheel with only 3" lift w/o tearing off my fenders. I need to get 16x10s even though they don't look bad on 16x8s...oh wait my question. How much more should I lift my truck so that with the 35x14.50s on 16x10s will not rub/hit when I fully flex? With the Boggers on 16x8s, they have about an inch clearance fully turned...on level ground. Yes this pretty much goes with the body lift question I asked earlier.

·
Registered
464 Posts
35X14.5X16's... humm

I have 35X12.5X15's and 6" of lift. and have lots of room. The newer trucks however don't sit as high or have as much room (one of the two) as my older one does so 35's will probably be stuffed pretty nice at full flex (maybe even a little to much and might rub).. I'd go with 6-8" lift... but double check me with someone else on here that knows the newer trucks better than I do.

-Chris

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i have 36x14.5 on 15x10 wheels with 3.5" backspacing and have a 5" suspension and 3" body lift. it rubs on the drivers side plastic fender near the bumper. but only at full turn to the right. it could be fixed by adjusting the bumper out 1/2" or so.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-02-23 21:06, Ian_Wallace wrote:
Okay Shawn, at full turn. What about flexing? How much room do you have when the front of the truck is flexing a lot? Does it hit much or not at all/where?

like i said if i ever got around to adjusting the bumper out a 1/2" it wouldnt hit anywhere. i have a 99 sport(with the plastic bumper cover), where it hits is where the bumper wraps around into the wheel well. right at that edge where the bumper meets the plastic inner fender is where it rubs. ive driven off a 18" drop on an angle(lt front and rt rear stuff up) and it didnt rubber anyhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts