Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the Jet stage 2 on my 98 5.9 with all the recommended accesories from Jet. I've heard that the Mopar chip is better and I've heard it's the same. I've already got the Jet,- would it be practical to buy a Mopar chip or am I throwing my money away for something i won't notice a difference in???

·
Registered
704 Posts
I had the Jet stage 2 on my 1997 5.2 in addition to other mods. I installed the Mopar computer a couple of months ago and the Mopar definately makes more power. My wife drove the truck after I put the Mopar computer in (I hadn't told her at that time) and she immediately noticed the improved power. I sold my Jet chip on Ebay and my only regret is that the Mopar computer wasn't available sooner.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I took your word for it and just ordered the Mopar computer from Summit. The rep said I would need to have the dealer install it so they could program the mileage, etc. into it. They said if I just installed it myself, it wouldn't run right. Is that a bunch of BS, or is this what you had to do? Thanks.........

·
Registered
704 Posts
I was lucky I didn't have to do that because my Ram is a 1997. I swapped it for the stock computer and that was it. I don't know what other mods you have but I have a 180t-stat,K&N Gen 2,JBA headers,Flowmaster cat-back. Be sure to run good gas with it.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
i think i would keep the jet chip, unless you could sell it for a really good price to get the mopar one. the difference in hp might be 5 hp?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Mopar computer is on it's way. I'll let you know what I think of it as soon as I install it........ :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have the jet and the difference between the Jet II and stock is pretty good, I bought it from a friend who was gonna get the Mopar, after he got the mopar he said the difference wasnt much at all and he wished he hadnt spent all that money on the Mopar Perf. Comp.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After reviewing the feedback and doing somemore reasearch myself, I've decided to keep the Jet and cancelled the order for the Mopar. I finally decided that if I pay 360.00 for the Mopar and I'm not impressed with the difference, I would be selling the other chip for maybe 100-150.00 and be out the remainder. That wouldn't be so bad if the Mopar was worth the extra, but I can't find any real concrete evidence that says it's worth a lot more because it's a lot better.I think I'll leave well enough alone and use the money for something on my truck I don't already have......

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think thats a good idea, and later on down the road if you hit the lotto or somthing you can get it then. :):

·
Registered
181 Posts
Maybe this is out of context but if anyone is looking to sell either their mopar chip or their Jet chip then plz give me a hollar as I am in the market for one. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts