Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy the Jeep following over here has grown alot!
Here are some pics of my Jeep in CO.

http://community.webshots.com/user/cordtj

P.S. I got sweet parts hookups!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey I was wondering what type of gear ratio are we talking about in the grey jeep to crawl up another trucks 35" tire, can it be done with 4:11's and no marlin crawler?? im guessing it was done in 4-low.. give details please. Nice pics BTW.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Big: Gearing is not as important for tire crawling, just a front locker is needed, otherwise you just push the other rig and not climb it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah what Jason said...LOL. I'm running 3.73 now (going buh bye soon). The TJ's and rams share the same(well almost) transfer case. Mine is the 231J, rams use the 231D or HD on the 1500's. Both cases use a 2.72:1 Low range. I also have an auto. When crawling the Torque Converter acts as an extreme low range.
It is time to do the gears now though. Mainly for street driving. Off road is fine.
Cord

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nice jeep. I like the pic of your back tire on the yota's tire. Looks like its taking a leak on the tire like a dog.:D:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Great pics. I love silver TJ's. Looks like some fun trail runs, too. Be nice if there were trails like that in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If I could figure out how to post pictures, I'd post one of my CJ-5. Don't have many "action" shots though as I'm allways driving. O.K. I figured out what I need to do. I need to create a webshots album and make it viewable to the public. Course I don't have the pictures I want in this album on this system, (at home on CD go figure) Here are some shots of Rubicon, mud-in-yer-eye and The Duzy trail. All located here in sunny California.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jprtroy

Later....

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
um...I have a yellow 2002 wrangler x model....or rather my girlfriend does..............lol
Its parked next to my 95 ram

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey cord,
i assume your from colorado, so i heard the law allows no lifts of any kind in that state. the reason im saying is because im debating moving out there. would that make my lifted truck illegal?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No lifts in Colorado??????LMFAO! We have some of the most extremely modified rigs I have ever seen in CO. I highly suggest moving there. It's great. I dunno what part of CO you are thinking about but most places we can even run beadlocks without gettting harassed at all. The 4wheeling community gives so much back to the state. They leave us alone for the most part. Where did you hear about no lift?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts