Off Road Vehicles banner

Jeep J-10 to a rock crawler

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Teen rocker 
#1 ·
My dad had a Jeep J-10 about 3 years ago. We always went out to our hunting land and went out boggin. That thing had balls. We ran into trees anywhere from 3-6 inches in diameter, sometimes even 8 inches and we ran them right over. They were still standing when we hit them but after we hit them they were on the ground. But 3 years ago me and wickedakota took the engine and all the drive train out of it and called the junk man to come get the body and frame. Then my dad made a new frame, we are making a rock crawler out of all the drive train from the J-10 and the from that frame my dad made. We are also going to buy 3inch tubeing to make a full roll cage. If anyone knows the Scorpion from the top truck challenges, thats what kind of roll cage we are going to be making for it. We have a 360 in it and 40x17.5 Dick Cepek Fun Country tires on it. When we get it done we are going to take it to a rocky place and go rock crawling. We dont know where exactly yet. Well if anyone has a project like this going on, tell me I would like to here about it.

#2 ·
I'm jeepattitudes older bro. The body any frame to the J-10 were no good at all. The frame was going to break in half due to rust and the box was totally rusted out when we bought it for 500 dollars. So we made a wooden box. the cab was going away too. the floor boards were gone so when went through mud the dash, interior and us got covered in mud. The factory fender flares fell off due to rust. The only things good on it were the engine,tranny, t-case,Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear and suspension. So we kept all of that and built it into a roack crawler.

#3 ·
I have a 1984 j10 that the body is rusted out on and I am planning on taking the body off and putting a cage on. It has a 360 motor and is 4x4. I'm not sure how good the frame is but it should be in good condition. I would like some pointers on how to build the cage and what to build it out of. It would be for two seats if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.