Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any feedback on if the Jacobs Electronics Ignition systems are really deserving of all of the hype I've heard. What are the pros or cons of having it installed??

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have it installed on my truck. A guy I know runs a dealership and a truck he got at an auction had the kit on it so I put it on mine. The best thing is the warranty. THe coil fell off my motorcycle on the way home. I got ran over by three cars as was a ball of junk. I called them and they siad to send it and they would replace it. I told them how it happened and that I did not have a receipt. They didn't care and I got a brand new coil. As for performance, I reccomend replacing the cap, rotor, coil, computer, plugs and wires all at one time. I'm sure you would notice a diff. I did mine in phases and every little bit helped. I paid $100 I don't think it would be worth the 3 or 4 bills they are new. For my money I would get a good set of Taylor wires and the best cap rotor and plugs you can get. There are a products that make much more of a difference for 4 hundred dollars.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Yo, Did you check out my Jacobs install in the "truck tech" section of this site? I installed a Jacobs system, the "ultra team" Off-raod. ($578!) Was it worth that much coin? I think not. I haven't seen any MPG gains at all. I've adjusted my driving, maintaining speeds under 60mph while commuting 45 miles each way (over HWY17 to Santa Clara)
Stopped "hammering" the throttle at stops, using my cruise control on the flats ETC..
I log my gas useage, (date, amount, cost mileage) at every fillup, and have done so since I bought the truck in 96' (it's paid for now! I've been watching the MPG after my install, and havent seen an increase. Granted, my motor does appear to start quicker (never had a problem there thought)it definetally has more "PooP when I wake the 360 up. If you use or have a CB or HAM radio installed in the truck, you'll get RFI! If the radios are mounted near the dash, you'll get that annoying "whine" from the distrubitor. I need to relocate both of my HAM radios now, to below my seats because of the noise from the huge spark the system puts out. It DOESN'T bother my stereo! Otherwise I'd have shot system many moons ago!
If I had to do it al over again,....Wait a minute, wanna buy a Jacobs ignition system?
Later...
Troy

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Doesnt jacobs have a money back guarantee? maybe you should call them and see if there was a problem with the box that you got, or if its just that it wont help you truck. let us know if you do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts