Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope that someone can help me with this! After a heavy rain I noticed a very large puddle on the passenger floorboard. it did not leak from the roof or the windows, I know this b/c my clothes were on the floor and were not wet on top only on bottom. After checking the underside I could not find any obvious areas were the water could have gotten in. I pulled up the carpet and also could not locate a rust hole or anything. The carpet was extremly soaked on the bottom! Please Help, it is starting to smell bad!! Maybe it leaked down the floorboard from under the dash somewhere??

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Why dont you pull the carpet up and dry it all up, then get a friend with a hose underneath and on the door jamb while you check for leaks on the inside?

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Sounds like it could be your heater core. Does it look like the "water" could actually be coolant? I had this happen to me but I first noticed it when every once in a while the vents would let a very very faint smoke out....looked at the floorboard and it was soaked right in front of the seat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
my ac drainage clogged up once and i didnt realize this until i hit a bump and what seemed like gallons of water came pouring out from under the dash onto the floorboard on the passenger side. it was a mess! I had the drainage thing fixed and pulled the carpet and shampooed it. one way i knew it was AC water is because it was cold. maybe this will help you out.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i had an 86 ranger that the vent overflowed into the cab, but i do not think the ram will. i have had problems with leaking tho. here is what i found. take the carpet out, nuber one to let it dry, and it will help locate the leak. to pill the carpet you need to take all the moulding that touches the floor out. make sure you leave out the covers in front of the doors/ under the dash. there should be a 1/2" to 5/8" hole there close to the floor. water leaked in from the door hinges (i think) into that area, and out under the carpet. i siliconed the door hinges and all around any bolt in the jamb, and it fixed it. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Wow look at all the possibilities. My carpet was wet once a while ago after a few good rainstorms. I looked everywhere I could think of. It ended up being the seal on the third brake light lens was broken. Water was leaking through behind my third brake light, around the seals in the rear of my cab and all over the back carpet. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I just found a drip down the passenger side of my back window. There were just a few drops around my window, and a few down on the seat, this was after a big rain. I'm going to pull my 3rd brake light this weekend and see if that is the problem. I have pulled it before and there was all kinds of crap leaked down in to it. What should I seal it with??? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Nick.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had the same problem one winter. went to the dealership. what happened (they said it happens alot) is that leaves and crap get into the intake vents at the bottom of the windshield. then leaves and water get into the heat unit and plug up the drain. when water enters the vents faster than it drains it will over flow into the cab.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help! I guess I've got plans for my weekend all set. I'm sure one of the possible suggestions will solve my problem. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts