Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a transformer grill to mount on my dodge, with a tabor 9k winch, money is a issue. Does anybody have expierience with them, and will they hold up when i need em.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, I have one, but on my Chevrolet. You actually have to buy two pieces just to be able to mount the winch. The transformer body, Black $175, and the actual winch mount $100 (which is a more expensive than what it should be). This doesn't include anything else so make sure you know what you want and what you're getting when you order. It seems to be made pretty well and hasn't let me down yet. The only thing i dont like, is you have to drill a few holes in the frame and a few holes in the bumper in order to mount. Overall, not bad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know i had to get the winch carrier with the grill gaurd. How many holes do you have to drill into the bumper. From the pictures i was lookin at it just looks like you ditch the air dam and mount it directlly to the frame, mabey its different for chevies?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ditch the air dam, drill two holes in the frame, two holes in the bumper....The frame holes would be the only thing different between Dodge and Chevy, the bumper holes would most likely be required.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ditch the air dam, drill two holes in the frame, two holes in the bumper....The frame holes would be the only thing different between Dodge and Chevy, the bumper holes would most likely be required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts