Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive been out here now for several weeks saying im putting lift on my truck... but the guy who was supposed to help me seems far to busy and keeps cancelling on me ...3 times canceled on me!! he seems to know his stuff and was going to help me install skyjacker 5" lift and body lift for $450...now the dilema should i wait? or can this be done fairly easy??? im realy not automechanic but can turn wrenches!! or maybe i will take it in and have it done whats a fair price to get both of these lifts put in at a shop???? any help at all here???

·
Registered
962 Posts
It is not too hard. You must have the right tools though. Floor jacks, large jack stands, some railroad ties helped with mine. If you had it done by a 4x4 shop I think you can expect anywhere from 300-750 to put the lift on.

I thought the hardest part was the rear end leaf springs. They were a bi#$% to get on.

·
Registered
362 Posts
For $450 dollars it doesnt sound like he is helping you to much. Hell, do it yourself, basicly you will need two tall floor jacks( heavy duty if possible) same goes for jackstands only 4 heavy duty one if possible. Power tools kick ass if you have them avaiable I highly recomend using them, coil spring compressors are very handy you only need one, heavy duty c-clamps will help with the rear spring install (only if you use add-a-leaves) blocks and new rearched spring packs you wont need the clamps. A wide variety of sockets and wrenches I got by with a craftsmen tool kit ( about 200 dollar kit pretty good variety both metric and standard) last but not least a cold case of cold ones in the fridge or on ice and a hot woman to go fetch them, and maybe hand tools down butt neked while you are under the truck. lol Am I forgeting anything fellas????

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
spend that money on tools and do it yourself. $450 will buy you a floor jack with jackstands, and a pretty decent toolset from craftsman.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Definitely read every word of the instructions before picking up a wrench. Alot of times I would have saved myself from a headache if I read the instructions thouroughly instead of skimming through them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts