Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a set of 36x13.500x16 for my 78 ford with a 460. i barly see rocks but lots of mud and they got a good review in the mag for all around just wondering if you ve seen them in action or have them how good they do int he mud or if i m better off with some thign else

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
you would of cource be better off with a bogger.
but the iroks do very well in the mud in my experiance.

i will say that the hawgs may have been a little better in the mud, but the iroks do very well.

the iroks, similar to the boggers have scooped lugs. the outer lugs are actually cupped like a paddle tire would be and i think that may give them the advantage over most other similar tires. also, at least with my radials, the outer lugs are very lateral, also like a bogger, or paddle tire

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
If you're going to be spending lots of time in the mud, then Thornbirds are the only way to go. They self-clean way better than the Iroks and hook up better in the soupy stuff than Boggers.

:rotfl: Sorry, just being stupid! I haven't run them myself, but i've heard good things about them. But for mud, isn't the tread on the regular swampers and even the SSR's a bit more aggressive?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I was going to say run some Buckshot Mudders, but Russ beat me to the punch line.

Iroks do very good in mud compared to most other tires. Boy howdy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You guys must have a differant kind of mud than we do in florida. Cause down here they suck. I would go with the buckshots over a irok. On my mud truck I always ran either TSL or hawgs the good thing about the hawgs are that they don't dig like a swamper.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
haven't had my iroks offroad yet but my tsl's were great since they are very similar I would say they would also be great.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i love my iroks for the mud, ive found myself using 2wd in situations that should get me stuck but the iroks muscle through it. i certainly plan on buying iroks for my next set of tires too, radials this time. maybe they should call them imuds har har har

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
On 2005-12-04 12:10, Identity Crisis wrote:
isn't the tread on the regular swampers and even the SSR's a bit more aggressive?
'

regualar swampers, maybe, SSR's, no. the lugs may be larger or whatever, but they do not have much of a lateral "Paddle" on them as the irocs. and i was surprised when i got mine that interco put the scooped lugs into them like they do with the bogger, i think they really are a great all around tire, just like interco designed them to be. great on rocks, great on trails, great in the mud, and even great on the road

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
When I had my Iroks on, they did great in the mud. Clean out very well and just keeping going.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I had my IROKs everywhere I've taken my boggers. They worked really good in the mud down here. Never had a problem getting stuck, or pulling anyone out. Even right before I sold them, they worked like a champ. And that was with 60% tread or so left.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
ive seen the 36x13.50 tsl's and the 37x12.50 ssr both get swallowed in mud, (black4x4 and kb440) at tony mud bog, i would go with the bogger, from what i seen at the mud pits in florida the irok dosent perform as good as the bogger or any of the others.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha i dont live in cali tho. i live in b.c canada.
its a pretty light truck other than the 460 i dont carry load to offen only wood like 10 times a year but its mostly on dirt road i m running the geolander mt plus right now 35's and they are good and all but want something more aggressive to handle the deeper stuff. i m not afriad to get deep just hydrolocked my 351 a couple months agot hats y i did the 460 swap.

·
Registered
626 Posts
hmmm since you live in canada i think i would like to take the time to also mention they do great in the snow. :bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts