Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to build a rollcage for my 99 ram quad cab 4x4. we cant decide what is overall better. intewrior or exterior? as i see it interior takes up cab space, while exterior may offer some protection to the cab as well as to me. but looks wize exterior??? has anybody fabbed an exterior for their ram?pictures? any thoughts ??? feelings?? ideas? thanks, Vass

·
Registered
69 Posts
in the distant future im gonna make one for my ramcharger.my choice was easy,being that i have the rear hoop in the back already, and theres no bed to put it in....lol.
you have to ask yourself what your protecting. my worry is turning it over and having the front posts getting crushed.im not worried about comfort as much as safety,and im not gonna try to roll,but if it does,i wanna be safe.not to mention i love taking chances.i also dont like body mounted roll bars cause there only as strong as what there mounted too.im going to weld mine to the frame.its harder to make and install,not to mention the holes in the floor that have to be dealt with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts