Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the new 37" SSR's??? They are priced very reasonably for a 37" tire!!! I saw a price of $206 per tire. Any idea how much lift would be required to accomodate these tires??? :D:

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Most likely a 5" suspension wiht at least a 2" body. Mine 35" SSRs barely clear wiht my 3/3 setup so the extra 2" suspension lift will give good clearance with the 37s

·
Registered
502 Posts
Tunis,

Thats a real good price. I am looking at a set of TSL radials 36x12.5-16's with the same lift you have. I figure that they should be tall enough. I would love 37s but I don't think I want a body lift to go on top of everything else.
Keep your brake lines in mind if you start thinking about a body lift on top of the suspension.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had them on my truck for about 10 months now and already put about 19,000 miles on them! They are really good tires. Great in the mud.. and snow. The only problem I had with them is when it's raining out. They spin VERY easy on wet pavement, even though they have the siping blocks. They wear out about as fast as any aggresive off road tire would. Also, they're not as noisy going down the road as I expected. All around, a great tire.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh yeah, I have a 3" susp. lift with a 3" body lift, and they don't rub much at all. Only when you hit something pretty hard will they hit my fender well.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
travis - you running 37's or 35's? If 37's, you don't wheel it much do you? I wheel my truck hard and can stuff the fenders with my 35's and 3" susp and 3" body lift when I am really wokring it. I could not see clearing 37's unless you are running narrow wheels with lots of backspacing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
37's, yeah your right. I don't do as much off roading as you would. I take it out in the woods a lot and do a lot of mudding. When I hit a log or big pothole, it rubs hard. I even cracked one of my fenders. I guess I should have figured in how hard I offroad it.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i wanna get those 37's on a 16" rim. still about the same price. its either that or boggers. depends on my mood when i go to buy the tires i guess. haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
ive got a 5" skyjacker susp. & 3" perf acc. body lift on my 97 1500 ram. right now im running the 37 12.50'sx 15's on 15x10 wheels. ive got plenty of room to go to the 38.5x15.5. the ssr's are great on and off road. only had them about 6 months & not noticed much tread loss.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just ordered the 37" SSR's for my 16x10 rims. I've read nothing but good things about this tire. They don't flex quite as well as the TSL's, but unless you are doing a lot of hardcore rock crawling then they should flex plenty for your needs. The 10-ply sidewalls and E load rating make this one of the best large tires ever made for heavy trucks.

I know this isn't a Dodge (hahah), but check out this review of the tire: http://www.coloradok5.com/ssr.shtml

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think thats the tire I wanna run next (37x12.5x16). I have a 4" suspension lift and I run 36"swampers which measure 36.2 OD and the 37 SSR's measure 36.9 OD which is only a half inch taller. My 36's don't rub at all, even when the suspension is totally flexed out i still have an inch of clearance all around. I wonder if those 37's would fit without a problem, any ideas???

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Check out Readers Rides, there's a 2001 2500 running BFG M/T 37x12.50-17's with the 4.5" Class II.

http://www.skyjacker.com/home.htm

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well the difference is that his truck is a 3/4 ton compared to my half ton. However considering the clearnce I have with the 36's i dont think it should be a problem, maybe during flexed out wheeling though.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Slightly off topic but 4Wheeloffroad mounted 37" Boggers and they were 35.4" tall OFF of the vehicle. I know the SSR's run large but I would be tempted to try the 37" Boggers with my 6" lift. All I have to do is scrounge up the extra money for a set of "street tires" and keep the Boggers for weekend off road runs.

·
Registered
969 Posts
What kind of truck do you have? My friend has an 85 chevy with a 4" suspension lift and 3" body. He fits his 37" boggers with no problem. So with 6" i dont think it shpuld be a problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Outlaw, FYI, I tried mounting the 37" SSR's on my truck with a 5" Skyjacker lift. I rubbed the front bumper on a hard turn driving in my backyard, so I took them off until I can get the 3" body lift installed. I have 16x10 rims.

·
Registered
969 Posts
See I'm wondering if my 16x8's will make the difference as far as rubbing. I still have plenty of space with my 36's. Remember a 10" rim will be more likely to rub, so I'm juts gonna use myh 16x8's for this tire.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Double check that you can run those tires with a 16x8...

http://www.intercotire.com/

Interco says 16x10

Might wear kinda funny (I have problems with my MTRs trying to wear like they are over-inflated at 30 psi rear, 35psi front...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah i saw that interco recomends a 16x10 but for their 35x12.5 they reccomend a 8 or 10. The 37 has the same OD and tread width as the 35 so it should mount okay. Basically why I wanna use my 16x8's is so i dont have to buy another ste of rims cause i cant afford it, plus the tire would stick out past the fender more with the 16x10's and i dont want fender flares.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts