Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard everyone on here talk about "lubing" all nuts and bolts that are coming off when lifting. since that day is getting closer, what do i need to spray some penetrating lube on and where is it at.
thanks

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Pitman ARM!!!!!! control arm bolts, trackbar stud. I would do it on all bolts that you are going to remove just the night before. But soak that Bitch a$$ pitman arm good! If you want I can sell you my $75 puller cause I really don't need it anymore.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-04-08 13:00, roughrider4ever wrote:
i'm renting one from autozone. thanks though

if you cant find the correct size wrench or socket for the pitman arm bolt, a pipe wrench works also, and the nut must be heat treated also, atleast on mine the pipe wrench didnt do anything to the nut to mar it up.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You'll want to soak everything really well in penetrating oil the night before, and maybe even the night before that, too. Depending on the age of the truck, and where you're at.

If you're around a lot of salt in the winter time, you're going to need to REALLY soak it good.

Good luck with the project, I hope things go well, both during the project, and at the end of the weekend...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts