Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here done the broken arrow trail in Sedona in a full size truck? I have been told by a few people that the long overhang vehicles like trucks and large SUVs have a hard time with this trail. Any info from those who have been there would be appreciated. Any on have suggestions of other good trails in that area? Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes. I did it in a stock Dodge Quadcab short bed with the Offroad package, bike rack and a Micky ball on the antenna last week. No matter how I tried I couldn't get rid of the Mickey ball. Over all the trail was really nice. The first two Pink Jeep Tour drivers were jerks. I was told flat out that the trails was only for jeeps. :fu: BTW their support vehicle is a Dodge Ram with a 3" lift. :naughty: Contrary to popular belief I made the trail with out tapping a single tree although it was really close in a couple of spots. I call less than an inch of total clearance close. I did drag the bike rack in a few places on the way out but had no problem on the way to chicken point. We met two other Pink Jeep Tour guides at chicken point who were very nice and cordial. The jerks just happened to be men and the nice guides were women, go figure. A Western Jeep Tour guide waited at the bottom of the stair steps to give his tour an opportunity to watch a stock truck go down the shoot. I made it with only a little scrape on a rock slider and the bike rack and received a thumbs up :bigthumb: from the tour guide. I would not try it in a long bed. My short bed Quadcab is likely the max for length unless you want to bash trees and sheet metal. I'll post some photos on DTO later this week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts