Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://dodgeram.org/rides/combat_ram/military_ram.html

this is a sweet truck.
take this truck vs the that yukon GT. hmmmm i wonder who would win.
all i have to say is SOLID FRONT AXLE

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Definitely a sweet truck. I like the bumper, looks like my Reunel, but slightly different. Better, I think. I especially like the D-rings on that bumper, definitely beefy. Perhaps loud on teh freeway expansion joints, but nice when you're stuck.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all it needs is a 50 cal machine gun on a rotating platform on the roof

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
They said there were going to test it on a 60 degree slope and a 40 degree side slope...I find it hard to believe that its center of gravity would allow it to traverss 40 degree's, maybe a hummer but not the ram. I also would like to learn more about the Dana Central tire inflation system(CTIS).

·
Registered
376 Posts
In keeping with the spirit of volunteerism called upon by our President, and in search of a cheap thrill. Yours truly, the dog of the desert, has set aside the design of the ultimate 4x4 machine, in order to personally mount suggested weapons system AND test and perfect the romote aiming touch activated trigger a**embly termial attenuator thing, also known as RATATAT. Stay tuned :wink:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The angles were listed as percent grades, not degrees. But I don't know the conversion. I a**ume 100% grade would be 45* (same distance up as over).

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-02-15 20:40, woody wrote:
The angles were listed as percent grades, not degrees. But I don't know the conversion. I a**ume 100% grade would be 45* (same distance up as over).

thats would be a percentage of 90 degrees,
so almost 40 and 60 degrees.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i like the low maintanence paint job. i have been saying if i have to repaint my truck its going camo.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Kool truck! Give me the CTIS!!!!!!PPLLLEEEZZZEEE!
I'm courious to know as to how there gonna squeeze the 37" tires in?
I guess well see at some point huh?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The "CTIS" is a good thing to have and it is fairly standard system on a lot of military vehicles but being a 18 yr. veteran and still active, the "CTIS" is a some what un-reliable system with the air down and air up connectors and fittings developing leaks quite often and renderd "non-mission capable."
Although, I guess that is why it is still in training and development stages right now, huh?
We (in the military) see a lot on new ideas come and go and I can tell you that I am not really sure why on more than one system that has crossed my path.
I work with and am a instructor for a program being developed Army wide called the TUAV (tactical unmanned aerial vehicle), and with that system, you would be surprised what they are doing with the "HUMMERS."
Just another note: A .50 cal (M-2) would flip the Ram over with a constant "burst."
Albeit, a nice thought. For sure would keep car jackings and the such, down to a minimum, wouldn't it???

·
Registered
376 Posts
Gotta give the vets a little credit here on the M-2 browning. A fine weapon it is, however, TV reruns not withstanding, my Uncle, a vet of the New Guinea campaign in '43 tells me they stuck those weapons on everything including Jeeps. He never said that they would flip over with sustained fire, however he did make it humorously clear that the jeeps were literaly vibrated apart. So I doubt you'd flip the ram on its side, but you'd want that mount welded to the frame, cant say that you wouldnt rip all the bed bolts out after firing a couple of belts. Im sure willin to give it a go if any bodys got a weapon, the proper federal paperwork, some .125 chromoly tube and a decent welder.***JK***

1 - 14 of 14 Posts