Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 97+ Dakota with a good 10-12"s of lift with a front and rear solid axle system. Had probably 35-38" tires! Looked sweet! It was in minnesota somewhere!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Did it have a minnesota plate?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of this monster? In the latest peterson's 4-wheel mag, turn to readers rises, you will see a 98(or 97) F-150 with a solid axle conversion from fabritech, he runs 39.5" Boggers, he lives about 30 min. from me in Hopewell. The truck has been in the mags at the bloomsburg show. It is pretty badass, he is well over the limit in the front so he fabricated a "fake" frame rail that protrudes through the front bumper/skidplate, its not real it just looks semi-real.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
hey biginuf what exactly are the laws here in va? i have heard many different things

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The lift laws here go by GVWR Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, FIRST remember this, you measure to the bottom of the bumper, unless the bumper has been relocated or replaced with one different from the stock bumper then it measures to the frame rail horizontal crossmember. 15,000lbs-7,501 Front=30' Rear=31" 7,501-5,001 Front=29" Rear=30" Under5,000 Front=28" Rear 29"
Only a 2" difference between a Izuzu pickup and an F-350 Crew Cab, pretty smart law huh?
You have to hand it to those As*Wipes making the laws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts