Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the process of "Operation Destroy Dealership" has begun, and I need some ammunition from all of you. What I am specifically looking for are any and all failures that you (as an individual) has had with your truck transmission. I need only info from those who have a 1998 and above year model truck, as these have the 46RE trannies. The more info on failures I have, the better--all it does is strengthen my case. Remember, I am not only doing this for myself, I am doing it for all Ram owners who have modified vehicles, and faulty trannies that are not of their doing. Please be specific, the number of failures, the type of failure, when it occured (i.e.--how long had you had your truck? How many miles?). You can, if you wish e-mail me offlist at my home address, which is: [email protected] Thank you for your help and support, and any info you can take the time to share with me will be of great help to me, and anyone else who has had problems with their warrantied trannies that were not repaired correctly, or even at all.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Have you looked on AllData? They list any TSB's (Tech. Service Bulletins) and recalls for vehicles/equipment. Might be something in there the dealer isn't tellin ya that proves it was a bad tranny or a part there of.

-Chris

·
Registered
246 Posts
well Steve i go to the dealer tomarrow with my trany problem. i just got my truck used and it had 66k on it and now i have 70k and first gear in drive only slips and the lock-up solniod died as well so i am going to have a heart to heart talk and see what can be done about this. it had a 3 month 3000 mile warreny when i got it and i took it in while under that and they tested it and said it was the oversized tires!!! ya the tires on the truck were the ones that i bought it with from them and they are only 285-75-16's. such BS but we will see. they said that the tires were confuseing the shift points and the lock-up stuff makeing it shudder a little. what ever if they blow me off i may just put a NV4500 in and call it a day and never worrie about this crap again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts