Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder (WD 21) and a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude. Both are 4WD, both are very mechanically sound, and both are stock other than minor cosmetic improvements (light bars and roof racks). The 95 Pathfinder has approximately 187,000 original miles and I think the 2016 Cherokee has around 80,000 miles. My question is; Which is the most off-road capable in their stock configuration, and which one would be best to invest money into to turn it into an off-road BEAST?

My gut tells me that the Pathfinder is the most off-road capable of the two in it's current stock configuration and would be the best option to invest a few $$$ into a 2 or 3 inch suspension lift just to be able to get a little more ground clearance and install larger tires for better off-road capability. I may be wrong, that's why I'm here looking for insight. I'm not looking to create a rock crawler, just something that will get me somewhere a standard 4WD might not be able to go.

Any and ALL input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any guidance, expertise, or just plain common sense opinion.

Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts