Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i was gonna post this in the newb section but i figured it would get a better answer in there. i cleaned my air filter out today and was just lookin over the whole intake system and it looks sooo restriciitve. well my redneck inginuity popped up and i think i can make somethin that take care of all of that but my question is that, what are all those extra hoses that come off the intake. im guessin i need all of that stuff or toyota wouldnt of put it in there but what is it all and are there any ways to get around using it. if im correct there are two boxes right beside the big air box. i can take a picture if u really feel like helpin or explain thouroughly. thanks for any help.
-Kyle

·
Registered
741 Posts
if it the 95 yota ur talkin about its all ur smog bullshit. theres really no way to get around it unless you really know what ur doin.most of those hoses serve some sort of a vaccuum or computer control purpose and removin them would not be my recomendation.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its the 95 im talkin about. is there anything i can do to lessen the restriction? other then drop 250 for a new cold air intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts