Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just about cried at what I saaw tonight coming home from work. I was going do the interstate and this dumbass car pulled out in front of this BEAUTIFUL 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel that was lifted a good 10 inches. And to avoid the car he moved out of the way a little too quick and tumped on it side going down the inter. at about 75 mph. THank goodness he didn't start flipping but i pulled off to help him and that dumbass car that caused it kept going, but that is alright cause i got her license plate number. the cops came there and all that and since the wreckers weren't going to be able to get there in a awhile we flipped the truck back on its side sing my truck and another, (he was tumped in the center lane). DAMAGE DONE: all windows busted, paint amd some mettal were grinded away and mangled, a broken engine mount, and both tires on the driver's side of the truck (the side it flipped) were pretty much screwed. And he had just had those 44inch boggers put on that truck the day before.

It was a site to see. That freaking woman, no afence to the good women out there.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'm wondering now, if he hadn't had the 44" tires if he would have rolled? That sucks that his truck was totaled.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice times out of ten its the other a#$hole on the road and what he or she is about to do rather than size lift on your truck or how big a tire you run and their stability. Cause if it werent for the other idiot you would'nt have to drive in such a manner. It was not my driving that caused me to total out my toyota when I was 16. It was a 78 year old man in a 73 ford torino( creemed me real good, good bye toyota hello bent in two-yota) that ran a red light through the turn lane after just picking his wife up from the hospital. Worse than that the old fartknocker said I ran the light, and the racist B#$3ch of a cop said I was going to loose my license for a year and wouldnt let me call my parents to let them know I was still alive, said us white kids drive like we own the road. If it werent for a witness that said the old dude ran the light(and he really did) i would have been up [email protected]#t creek. Well we went to court and he got a red light running fine and two weeks suspended license. If it had been my fault I would have lost alot more than that. Traffic laws are really screwed up at times.

·
Registered
683 Posts
That would really suck. Did the dude just break down and start crying right there on the interstate.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
If it was me... I would have been estatic, and hoping it was totaled so that a new 2003 2500 would be sitting in my drive way in 7-8 months... but thats just me, and again, you would have to see why I feel this way... buts its a long story and I will not bore you with the details!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No he was making jokes the entire time. Saying he needed something else to do, but after a bit it started to set in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had some crazy woman do pretty much the same to me, i was merging into a two lane Y section which really doesnt require a merge because it is two lanes (mine and hers). Well she ran into my lane and it was all i could do to not hit her. she didnt have a clue and just kept coming into my lane, i spun out into a local businesses parking lot, but just barely. I really dont think she saw at all cus she just kept on going. Turns out I ended up stopping at the same gas station as she did a few miles down the road and you bet i chewed her out something terrible. my philosophy is to just assume everyone else is a total moron and got their license from a gumball machine and drive accordingly. good to hear he wasnt hurt, and good job getting the plates.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I agree on getting the plates.. nice job. Hopefully she learns her lesson, and god i hope she gets a ticket. A leaving the scene of an accident ticket would be awesome! I have had many a horrible driver (I swear they are bread that way here in Minnesota) cut me off or pull out in front of me. I dont understand how these people miss out huge ass trucks?! Many times I have been tempted to just keep going and not brake and teach them a lesson and kiss thier car with my Brush Gaurd!

http://www.ramvenom.d2g.com

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Alphacowboy,

I understand what you mean about not minding totalling out your truck. I've decided that if it gets crunched, I'm buying a 2500 Cummins HO 4x4 Sport, QC SB, the 6-speed manual, and maybe leather. :):

But... With the Reunel on the front, if I'M totalled, someone else is probably dead... :(:

But I nearly rearranged a CHP car the other weekend. Kinda funny the look on his face as he starts to pull out of a parking lot and sees my idling down the road at 20mph (back-street in my town, no go fast, BAD IDEA)... He hit the brakes so hard he nearly whacked his push-bar on the ground.

I cooly stopped and waved for him to go ahead... :):

I laughed the whole way home.... Staying well back from him on the road.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I am definately going with a 2003 or later 2500 with the diesel or hemi and above all.. definately going with a 6spd stick.. no more auto crap for me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts