Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,902 Posts
how about all that money into that truck then just pulling off the plastic on the front bumper to make it look chrome and not filling in all the holes.........gay/cheap/lazy :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,616 Posts
I sent the guy this message:

While it looks like you've spent a good bit of money and invested quite a bit of time in this truck, I have a hard time believing there's $20k invested in the suspension on that thing. A set of leaf packs ($500-$1000, depending on who you have 'em made by), HUGE rear blocks ($100), long-arm front kit ($500-1000), track bar & bracket ($350-500), a bunch of fancy tubing on the rear to mount 6 shocks ($$$???), and probably no more than $1k invested in shocks (I didn't pay attention to what kind they are, but I'm guessing nothing along the lines of Bilstein 7100s, Kings or Foxes)...All of that, going with high side guesstimates, is roughly $3600.00 and I'll throw in another $2k for miscellaneous parts (extended brake lines, the tubing on the rear axle housing to mount those shocks, the bracketry for the upper rear shock mounts, the rear traction bars etc.), for a grand total of (ballpark) $6k. Maybe that $20k in suspension you write of impresses some potential buyer, but anybody who's worked on these trucks or is familiar with them can see through that.

I'll let you know what his/her reply is, if I get one. :bigthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
Holy huge blocks!!!
:twak:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,778 Posts
On 2005-11-30 13:22, SoulSurfer wrote:
I sent the guy this message:

While it looks like you've spent a good bit of money and invested quite a bit of time in this truck, I have a hard time believing there's $20k invested in the suspension on that thing. A set of leaf packs ($500-$1000, depending on who you have 'em made by), HUGE rear blocks ($100), long-arm front kit ($500-1000), track bar & bracket ($350-500), a bunch of fancy tubing on the rear to mount 6 shocks ($$$???), and probably no more than $1k invested in shocks (I didn't pay attention to what kind they are, but I'm guessing nothing along the lines of Bilstein 7100s, Kings or Foxes)...All of that, going with high side guesstimates, is roughly $3600.00 and I'll throw in another $2k for miscellaneous parts (extended brake lines, the tubing on the rear axle housing to mount those shocks, the bracketry for the upper rear shock mounts, the rear traction bars etc.), for a grand total of (ballpark) $6k. Maybe that $20k in suspension you write of impresses some potential buyer, but anybody who's worked on these trucks or is familiar with them can see through that.

I'll let you know what his/her reply is, if I get one. :bigthumb:

$5000 for parts, $15,000 for labor maybe? Jeese, I need to open up a fab shop!!! :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
i think someone needs to clean up some overspray. 20 grand into suspension, and he can't take the time to spray paint stuff before its bolted on. that interior is gay as hell. white carpet on the floor? remove shoes first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
On 2005-11-30 13:55, Jason wrote:


$5000 for parts, $15,000 for labor maybe? Jeese, I need to open up a fab shop!!! :rotfl:

Maximum Altitude is known to charge waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for their work. I know a guy that got a SAS done on a '96 Z71 by them and they charged upwards of $12k, and that was just to clear 44's. (And they did the swap with an 8 lug D44, and kept the stock 6 lug rear :roll: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
On 2005-11-30 15:58, tx50cj3a wrote:


Maximum Altitude is known to charge waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for their work. I know a guy that got a SAS done on a '96 Z71 by them and they charged upwards of $12k, and that was just to clear 44's. (And they did the swap with an 8 lug D44, and kept the stock 6 lug rear :roll: )

I am willing to bet they left that axle and used the front by the requests of the owner of the truck. You want something done like that at a shop, you will pay out the a$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
939 Posts
On 2005-11-30 13:26, whiteram4x wrote:
Holy huge blocks!!!
:twak:

haha exactly what i was thinkin whiteram. i really dont think you could pay me to drive that. i hate the tubing on the rear axle, the one exhaust pipe has got to go and not to mention the white fur? seriously, after all that and he left the stock seats in there? doesnt make sense and those kicker subs are like $80 a piece...

yea the paint is kinda cool but still, and then nice front bumper? ahh i could go on forever i really do hate it.

brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,778 Posts
$12K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good god. If you research even a little bit, you can do it yourself for WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less. I don't know that much about them, but the little bit I do know is that they can be done cheaper.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
i personally like the 1 foot blocks. Not to mention the drum brakes to stop 52's. :wall:

[img=500x375]http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/9c/93/50_3.JPG[/img]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,002 Posts
Paint job is ok but nothing fancy cause it was done on exterior only no jam work or anything. Couldn't even get a nice front bumper or seats. I could deal with interior if the fuzz was atleast a white vinly. I could see spending a pretty penny on the lift especially if he had a company fab it all up.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top