Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 97 Ram Sport and I'm about to put on a set of 17" rims from a 2001 OffRoad and 33X12.50X17 Procomp ATs and the Daystar 2" front lift. I was trying to figure out what my ring/pinion ration is. How do I do it? I can't find it on any sticker anywhere.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I found my R/P ratio listed on a sticker located on the underside of my hood, up front of all places. Not where I expected it to be, down below door latch. The label is not the smog label. My truck is a 94' Ram
Another way to identify it is by the VIN number. Call your local dealer, they can identify the ratio. (unless it was changed prior to you purchasing it)

Good luck....
Troy

·
Registered
424 Posts
My '97 Ram Sport has the "options" sticker where jptroy mentioned, underside of the hood towards the latch. My sticker said axle 3.5, so I assume it's a 3.55.
If you need the VIN decoded try:
http://www.dodgeram.org
They have links and tech pages that will allow you to decode your vehicle VIN.
LUV24BY

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the same sticker on mine; it says 3.5 too. Who'd think to look on the bottom of the hood? Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Real easy....need 2 people..
put a piece of tape at the top of the wheel, and on the wheelwell so they are inline with each other.

get under the truck and mark the rear the same way, using a white marker.

rotate the wheel slowly 1 revolution... if the driveshaft rotates about 3.5 times you have a 3.55..if it goes 4 times its 4.10's......easy....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts