Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes 95 2 door Yukon had BFG A/T 285/75/16 on it when we bought it. The only
thing is in order for them to get the 285's on there they had to put wheels with different offsets on the front than the back so that the front tires sit in the fender more than the back. This setup is a real pain for tire rotations cause the wheels have to stay where they are at. I want to keep 285's on there but change the wheels so they are the same. Is this possible without putting a lift on it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is a 4x4, I think I might have her talked into a 4" lift and 315's on 16x8 Eagle wheels. First, will 315's on 8" wheels fit with a 4" lift and second what are some good lifts out there, I have been looking at either the rough country 4" or the skyjacker 4" lifts. Any suggestions

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the Pro Comp Explorer 4 inch lift, but any of them will do the trick. Just make sure you are getting a "complete kit" that has everything you'll need. As far as fitting the 315's, you can run them on 8 inch rims (which I would recommend) that have the stock offset with 4 inches of lift, but I wouldn't go serious off-roading. If you plan on any serious wheeling, either get the 2.5 inch front leveling kit from Hill 4-Wheeldrive [(www.hill4wheeldrive.com) That with the 4 inch IFS lift will give you all the clearance you need for the 315's] or go with the 6 inch IFS lift.

Sniper

·
Registered
45 Posts
ok, I have seen stock z71s with 285/75, and one guy cranked his tbars and one did nothing. Personally id lift it a little (2" body or crank the tbars a little just so the wheel wells dont look so stuffed.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have a 97 Tahoe with 285's on 16x8 rims with 5" backspacing. All I did was tighten the torsion bars a bit. They fit in back, but I'm going to gat an Add-A-Leaf for a little lift and more towing capability. I'don't rub at all unless I go ball to the wall and hit some big bumps or get the truck air borne.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
just crank the bars bro. I got a friend with a 94 Yukon with 305's on it with the stock wheels and hes clearing them unless he hits a real serious bump. It might ride like s*** and be a little ruffer but if you wanna save money thats the way to go.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Cranking your torsion bars will casuse pre mature tire fatigue and can casue a world of problems on your cv shafts if done im properly, you can fit the 285's with some minor trimming on the bottom of the bumper and the back of the fender flair, if done right no one will know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have just bought some 285/75/16 bridgestone dueler m/t :bigthumb: to put on my 90 Z-71. I have a friend that has some with his t/bars cranked 2 in. and his dad has them just stock on his Z-71. so 285's will work stock. :321:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts