Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering how tall my new truck is going to be with the 4.5 inch lift and 36's
Will it sit about the same as a 1500 with a 5 inch and 35's or taller?

Does anyone have a 2500 set up this way? if so can you tell me what the distance is from the bottom of the door to the ground? That way I can compair it to what I have now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
What type of the 36's did you get? Those will give 2 extra inches of lift, they did for me. Your frame will be around 26-27 inches of the ground measuring from the lowest point.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey Bill 2.5" on a 2500 will clear 35's no prob, so you and 4.5 will have more than adequate clearence for the 36's. Probably about 1-1/2" or 2" taller, when measureed to hood or roof over a 1500 with 5.5" and 35's. Also 36" swampers measure pretty close to 36" and 35" BFG's measure closer to 34". It should look nice.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
hey Biginuf do u have any pics of your truck? it sounds SWEET

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have a 4 1/2 inch skyjacker, and 315's, so 35's, and my truck sits about 6'11" tall to the top of the cab I think. It's about 47 or 48 inches to the center of the headlights.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys.
I am looking at TSL radials on a set of 16x8s which will make them bulge. They will be a little over 36 inch.

I am just wondering about the height to the bottom of the door so I can figure out how high I will have to jump to hit the seat.
I plan on getting a set of Rock Stoppers on it right way. So I will have some kind of step.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
here's a pic of Marc's truck:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tunis,

who is Marc? Is he in this area? I would love to check out the truck in person if possible.

Thanks.
Bill

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That's Biginuf!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey Bill a 16x8 is what I'm running with those exact tires and that 8" wide rim is perfect for the tire. The tread does not buldge at all. With a 10" wide rim it will but they fit great on the 16x8's.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couldn't agree more. That truck kicks ass.
I hope that my new one will look that good. It may have to wait till summer before I have the money for a front bumper like that though.

By the way I ordered mine in Graphite. That color looks great on the 2500s if I do say so myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts