Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not like I could afford this nor would it be anywhere close to practical for me but i was just curious what the biggest lift you can get for a '94-'01 ram 1500 4x4 is.
Also i was wondering what the biggest tire you could possibly get is. Where can i look at this stuff? Like i said i am just curious. I dunno....i guess i can look and dream, huh?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Most states only allow a 44" D.O.T. tire or smaller, you can run 44's on the ram with exstensive mods. especially to the rear shackle, front track bar, front steering geometry, and front drive shaft. Oh and the Popo(cops) look out for them.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I have never got in an accident and have not reported anything to my insurance about lifting my truck (afraid they will raise deductible). Should I report that I lifted it to them? If I get in an accident can they refuse to stand behind me, b/c I didn't tell them about the lift?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i think they can refuse to fix what is extra that you put on and they werent insuring extra for. thats sorta the way my insurance agent told me when i bought the fiberglass cap. he said take it over to the claims adjuster so they can make note of it.
they might get you for having a show vehicle and have it appraised and insured that way.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
At least in the state of california, if it's attached to your truck at the time of teh accident, it has to be covered. So all aftermarket parts that are bolted down are covered. But you may need to be able to prove you bought them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts