Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
how is he running 35's with only a 2" lift on a half ton??????
with a 3" body the biggest u can fit is gonna be a 33"..talk to WhiteZ he has that set-up

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
ya even with the 33's i had to do some minor trimming on my air damn. dont do a torsion bar lift just wait to do a real lift later on. i thought about messing with mine but all the guys told me to just wait

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
FYI: 315/75/16 are equivalent to 35/12.50/16 :D:

·
Registered
3 Posts
damn...Z71's must be lower these days, my truck is 1991 and has no lift whatsoever and i have 33" tires on it with no probs...plenty of room

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I saw a Z71 the other day that I was thinking about buying... guy wanted about $8,000 more than what it was worth... anyway it sat HIGH.. and I couldnt believe that... I would say it would fit 33"s with no problems... seems that chevy made some that sit higher... it was a 1994 Z-71 extended cab with the tow package.... I looked at the suspension and it appeared to be stock... and 106k miles.....
wanted $15,800 for it... YEAH RIGHT KBB.COM said $10.2k max....
my .02

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Do you know what the Z71 package is? Heavier Duty shocks and some ugly stickers. I think the stickers make the truck sit higher.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Z71 is more than just shocks and stickers. Those are both true, but I think the t-case is different, and I know you get some extra skidplates.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Okay sorry, i'm not in a correct state of mind at the time being...I don't know if the Z71 is taller than a regular one or not. A friend of mine has a Z71 and it works great for him. Did you know that a stock Silverado 4x4 is LOWER than a stock Dodge 4x2? Just a question that i'd throw out to you Bowties, considering I don't own one...I still want a '72 Blazer though.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I believe the Z71 pacakge comes with Bilstien shocks, full skids, different rate springs, and stickers. T-case is the same as the rest of the Chevy/GMC line-up.

And I think it's pathetic how low they sit stock. I too have noticed a 2wd Dodge is about the same height as a 4X4 GM. My dad's stock 98 Dodge 1500 4x4 sits about 5" higher than my uncle's 97 Z71.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
ok like i said Mike he has 35's on there....thats like impossible with only a 2 inch torsion bar lift...he has to have more that that...and yes the Z71 is just a package with a little diff susp and skid plates with a sticker

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey blair your right, I forgot the skidplate, but the transfer case is the same though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
With a 3" body lift you can fit 33" tires just make sure you put them on 8" wheels if you don't want any fender contact. I had to crank up the bars just so I could turn full lock with 10" wheels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got 33's under the Tahoe with no problems. I've got a friend here with a 3 inch body who is running 315's, with only minor minor rubbing. And by minor rubbing I mean that he only rubs when he goes high speed turns that have suspension travel.

Just stop thinking, buy and STUFF THE 35's under thar!

-zach-

1 - 20 of 23 Posts