Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best hitches, i am looking to put a recevier hitch on my dodge but i dont want one that is going to rust out over winter, im only gonna be hauling around a snowmobile trailer, so dont need a the biggest one?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am not sure what brand they are but on my dad's current truck and on his last truck he went down to U-Haul and got a hitch installed from them. The price was good and we have never had a problem towing anything with either.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i have the mopar class IV hitch and it works great. rated at like 10,000 lbs or something and only cost a couple hundred bucks installed. the nice thing it hangs down just enough below the bumper so you can loop a tow strap around it, comes in handy. hasnt rusted yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anybody have any problems with exhaust tips coming out the back being in the way of the hitch, it looks like there should be enough room but im not totally sure, could anybody measure the total length of there hitch for me?

·
Registered
807 Posts
my mopar hitch measures 35 inches across and i have 4.5 inches between the hitch and each exhaust tip on each side.

thats a flowmaster american thunder kit. compared to most kits i see my tips are spaced apart a little more, many kits have the tail pipes right up next to the hitch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not good,i just measured for space and i only have at the most 31" between my tailpipes, i am going to have to do some research now

·
Registered
807 Posts
how much weight do you plan on towing. if its not a whole lot someone makes a hitch that bolts to the underside of the bumper, its only about a foot long. it only can handle a couple thousand pounds though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i plan on hauling a double wide snowmobile trailer, nothing heavy at all, i just went to the dodge dealer and the 2002's have hidden receiver hitches that look really nice. and from the looks of it it should clear my pipes, the guy said the hitches will fit a 94 and up, and its only $100, and can haul up to 6500lbs (i think) in the 2001 accessory catalog there 169. im going to get it sometime next week if it doesnt fit i'll take it back. if that doesnt work i'll have to go with the one your talkin about
thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
went to the dodge dealer and knowing my luck the hitch wont fit, so i went to uhaul and they have a class III that will fit, the only thing i have to do is unbolt 2 of the hangers to get the hitch in place, it shouldnt be that hard.

·
Registered
424 Posts
YES!!! I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! (or new-born baby for that matter!!!)
ANYWAY, I would definately recommend going to U-Haul and buying your hitch there. This is not only because I work for them, but I think that getting a hitch with a LIFETIME guarentee (sp?) is damn good! That also includes rust too. They offer a WIDE range of hitch applications and several for the dodges! Anyhow, why not go with a company that is nationwide and will honor the warrenty anywhere than some small chain! Sorry if I sound like a commercial but I really do like the hitches we sell!
LUV24BY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts