Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Glad to be first one to post here....
I have a
1978 chevy 4x4 8400gvw full size pickup..on pg 26 of readers rigs

here are the listings...
1978 drivetrain/frame
1982 cab/bed
1987 front end
1977 305(getting rid of)
NP205 transfer case
SMC465 4speed trans with granny gear
dana 44 in front with 4.56's
14bolt corporate in rear with 4.56's
13" leafs all the way round
40x17x16.5 Ground Hawgs mounted on
16.5x12 steel rims
Cant wait to get the beast done and back on the road. Has been off the road since 1997.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride! I love those "early" model chevys. I regret selling my 85 K5 Blazer. Here's a pic of her. Now I'm looking for another to play with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too have a hillbilli bowtie I call it THE BIG GREEN BOOGER. As soon as I get some pics on cd I will be putin it in the gallery. By the way nice ride man.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think there is a new winner from the oldest post being brought back from the dead.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
man at first i thought rootbreaker had a new ride than i looked at the date way to go whoever brought this gem up :twak:

·
Registered
554 Posts
On 2003-09-30 20:34, opie_Aggie wrote:
I think there is a new winner from the oldest post being brought back from the dead.

:withstupid: I was thinkin' the same :cuss: ...

Old posts never die...They're like a boomerang, only this one waited two years to come back....
[img=134x29]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/musik/music-smiley-026.gif[/img]

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
slimer90210
is tryin to get his posts up so he can make his own title.... at least he has taste in trucks.... :bigthumb: :rotfl:

hey guys... i did get a new truck... :silly:

slimer90210 i also got this one recently....
bought for parts
1979 GMC K35
Front d60
Rear 14bolt
4" suspension lift
3" body lift
38's
rollbar with 5 kc's
tube bumper

but i sold my d44 and that 14 bolt for $250 so this truck cost me $250....

this is what is going in my truck...
front d60
rollbar
tube bumpers
radiator
gauge cluster (factory tach - doesnt work but have harness)
headers, exhaust
dual tanks wiring
seat
dashpad
steering wheel
horns
tail light covers
[img=400x300]http://68.45.114.100/parts_truck/xDSCF0012.JPG[/img]

but now my motor is knockin... seems that something went down the carb... i have #5 and #4 pistons bad.... all dingged up..... so now im in the process of redoing part of the motor... :wall:

·
Registered
111 Posts
thankyou RootBreaker....

and i figured what better thread to raise from the dead then one about the coolest trucks ever, hillbillie bowties!

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
On 2003-10-01 03:39, RootBreaker wrote:

YOU LUCKY BASTARD! :cuss: :cuss: :bluecry:

well, i guess you deserve a break, since you havent drivin your truck in 6 years. it's been 6 days for me, and i'm going nuts.

so, does this parts truck have an engine?? why not gank a couple of pistons out of that?

btw - that parts truck has a nice looking body. you could probably part out the body/frame/ whats left of the drivetrain, and make some $$$.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 2003-10-01 07:49, K5Chris wrote:
On 2003-10-01 03:39, RootBreaker wrote:

YOU LUCKY BASTARD! :cuss: :cuss: :bluecry:

well, i guess you deserve a break, since you havent drivin your truck in 6 years. it's been 6 days for me, and i'm going nuts.

so, does this parts truck have an engine?? why not gank a couple of pistons out of that?

btw - that parts truck has a nice looking body. you could probably part out the body/frame/ whats left of the drivetrain, and make some $$$.

so lucky that i have to buy 2 new pistons.....

yeah i last drove my truck 6 years ago... i was just die hard workin on the truck recently.... fricken sucks about the motor.. cuz im almost there.. get that d60 under my truck.. maybe gears.... some stupid stuff, 2 doors and paint and she is on the road...

now the motor in the other truck is a 305 that was swapped in....so i dont want those pistons...

that body looks good.... but trust me it isnt... it is in fairly good shape... but im giving it to a junkyard.. they are gonna pick it up for free... since im leaving the 305/turbo350/np203/d-shafts and alot of the other stupid stuff in there.. they need something to take it... i dont wanna pay for them to get it.. the truck is in the sticks!!!!!

my truck always had the name HillBillie Bowtie but i changed it over to RootBreaker... i have been contemplating once the truck goes on the road to go back to that ... and my old cb name used to be thumper.. but too many of them now, then gatekeeper but to many of them too... so i think im going to go with "Jester Jeff" next.... since i am such a jokester :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
you gotta admit man, you got a hellofa deal on those axles. you saved $1000, by not paying $1200+ for 1 tons. 2 measley pistons aint gonna compare to that.
I want 1 tons :cuss: :bluecry:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want 1 tons :cuss: :bluecry:

shame u aint closer.... i have a 14bolt under my pickup trailer :bigthumb:
plus i know of a yard that has about 20 14bolts for like $50 each... :shock:
they are dime a dozen here.. so you would be 1/2 way to 1 ton baby...

p.s. you saw my post about the free 1.5 ton dodge i got too right? d60 front rollin chassis :rotfl:

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
i checked a few yards down here, and all the 14's are closer to $500. :shock: i'm probably not looking in the right places though.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
that'd be alot. i'm sure i'll be able to find one somewhere around here when i'm ready. right now, i'm like you, i just want to get my truck drivable, and get important stuff done like brakes and stuff. still waiting on a throttle body injector pod to come in the mail.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts