Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to pick up a Hi-Lift jack, but my question is, what points do you use this jack to lift the truck? buy the bumper attachment? that's why Im interested in the custom rock sliders from Arabia's, because you can use any point on that bar to lift the truck...also, what size? 48" or 60"???

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
go 60 all the way. otherwise you will not be able to lift it all the way. plus its only like $5 more i think.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have a 48" and 60" and the only way to jack my truck up is on the front bumper, even the rail trailer hitch is tough, the truck is so tall, by the time the jack gets the truck off the ground it is very scary, if i use the rear trailer hitch to jack it you must take the tailgate off and pray that the truck doesnt fall to one side.......blocking the wheels doesnt help...it is just scary. I like my craftsman jack and a tall 4x4 block on the frame much better.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have the 48", I need to get a bigger one. JasonB said before that he uses his tow hooks in front as jacking points...i need to pick up some of those. I had to use my receiver hitch once. It slid out and took a nice chunk of paint off my tailgate. Since I don't have hooks on the front of my truck yet, I carry around a military ammo can to put under my jack. It gives it another six to eight inches of jacking distance and is relatively stable. Hi-lift also has an attachment for curved bumpers. My experience, it doesn't work that well, kept slipping off the bumper anyway. Need to get custom bumpers with jacking points on all four corners...and a bigger jack.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Or you can just get tripple a road side servinc and let them deal with it!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Or you can just get tripple a road side service and let them deal with it!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'd get the 60" my 48" is a bit short have to max it out to lift my tire off the ground in my 84' Ram. As far as lift points go, good luck, thats why I wheel a old truck they are made of solid metal not plastic. My 96' however I may have a problem there seeing as I only have a stock jack with 35's. I need to throw a floor jack in my tool box.

As far a getting AAA that isn't going to help you one bit when your wheeling. Your stuck a few miles out on a trail and AAA is going to laugh in your face, sure as hell ain't going to help you.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Front Mopar tow hook or rear receiver. I carry a length of chain with clevis ends that you can string under your axle and around the frame. That way when I need to use my 48" hi-lift, the chain lifts the axle almost right away. Much safer since the truck is not was far off the ground. Just don't forget to under the chain before driving away....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts