Off Road Vehicles banner

hey guys need help on this re-indexing ring!!!

633 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  hi ho silver
hey guys i went to order my re-indexing ring and seal adapter from national tire and wheel and the salesman told me there are to different size seal, he says he has a 2.57 or a 2.69, i asked him were i can locate that number on the transfer case and he told me he doesnt know, i have a 2002 dodge ram 2500 with a 360 5.9 engine, do you guys know or know where to look???
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
They are prolly for the 231 vs the 241 transfer cases. Look under your truck on the transfer case... on the back of the transfer case on the left hand side should be a little red tag that is round with a screw threw the middle of it. It should say NP231 or NP241 or something similar on that little tag.
order both seals if ya cant figure it out :bigthumb:
how much are the seals? Since i have a manual tranny i didn't use it if you want cut the price in half and i'll send it to ya.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.