Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wheels are you running with those 315/75/16s? Do they rub on the control arms at full steering lock? They look like they have close to the stock offset. I've seen a couple of trucks on this web site with a 3 inch lift and 315/75/16 tires. Most of my offroading is on the beach and it looks like a good setup for the sand.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you run a 16x8 wheel and a 3in lift you should be cool with 315's but dont try a wider wheel without more lift. This is what I have learned from all the advice from this board. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not Cowboy1Dodge but if you look at my readers rides pictures they were taken before I added off-road springs and a bigger block in the rear. The tires are 315/75/16 on 16x8" rims with 4 1/2" back spacing and my tires never hit my control arms - but they are the boxed type control arms that came with my Rancho lift kit and I also have the dual shocks up front.(Hope this helps)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm also not who you asked, but I'm running 315s with a 3" lift. I get a bit of slight inner-fender rubbing, but I've got extra weight up front (winch bumper).

I have 16x8 American Racing Bajas. Something like 4.5 or 4.75" of backspacing.

No control-arm rubbing. Rancho 3" lift, with dual shocks, but stock control arms. The Rancho arms didn't fit the up-sized bolts in the 2000s when I put it on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
On 2002-02-20 14:04, woody wrote:
I'm also not who you asked, but I'm running 315s with a 3" lift. I get a bit of slight inner-fender rubbing, but I've got extra weight up front (winch bumper).

I have 16x8 American Racing Bajas. Something like 4.5 or 4.75" of backspacing.

No control-arm rubbing. Rancho 3" lift, with dual shocks, but stock control arms. The Rancho arms didn't fit the up-sized bolts in the 2000s when I put it on.
Hey Woody the shop I had install my lift sent the Rancho control arms out to a machine shop to have them drilled out a little bigger and that worked out great no problems.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well, I was pulling the lift off one truck, and putting on mine, in a driveway at a friends house, with a few other friends helping... The "donor" truck had to drive back home that day, so it was a pretty rushed job. The donor truck ended up keeping the Rancho arms. Not time to make it right.

But I'm planning on buying some Rancho arms, getting some bushing cut, and then installing them at some point. But for now, they work.

But then, I could have a SkyJacker 5" single-flex kit on by then... Or even the 7" kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts