Off Road Vehicles banner

Hey Biginuf!!!

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  WhiteSport 
#1 ·
Maybe next time you could tell me that the truck I have been drooling over at siblingrivalry.com was yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell all about your 8" lift and how it was accomplished. I am about to do a 4.5" skyjacker and 3" body but if I could avoid the body lift I would be estatic!!

#5 ·
Well I don't think us dodge owners have to worry about that because we already have sheets of plastic for wheel wells. I just don't want to see much that much frame under the cab. We will see...Bill L I will also be putting on the 4.5" skyjacker as you are when you get delivery.

#6 ·
Are familiar with the Chevy frame section that shows under the doors? My body lift shows about hat much frame, but under the entire cab. Not bad at all though, don't really notice unless you look.

#7 ·
im sorry foolish, I didnt know you were talking about mine, I have better pictures than the ones on that site. You can avoid the body lift and go with bigger than 4.5" susp. What tire do you want to clear? Depending on the tire width, you could probably clear a 38" tire without a bodylift.
Let me know what you want under it.

#8 ·
On 2002-02-07 23:54, JasonB wrote:
Are familiar with the Chevy frame section that shows under the doors? My body lift shows about hat much frame, but under the entire cab. Not bad at all though, don't really notice unless you look.

thats whats nice about the dodge's, its almost like they come channeled from the factory, and when you put a body lift on they look like a normal truck with the gap between the body and frame.

#9 ·
i wonder if anyone has made custom body mounts so you dont have to run spacer in between the body and frame. sorta like the opposite of when a truck is body dropped.

#10 ·
On 2002-02-08 12:21, shawn bentley wrote:

thats whats nice about the dodge's, its almost like they come channeled from the factory, and when you put a body lift on they look like a normal truck with the gap between the body and frame.

With my body lift, you cannot see the gap, only more frame. The only "gap" is where there is a little more space around the front shock towers. No gap under thebody itself is visible at all. The rear fender liners still cover everything.

#13 ·
Yes, there is a problem in the rear, anything over 5"or so and the spring will flex and hit the shackle, you will need to stack blocks or find a way around it, stacking blocks sucks, I just decided my rear was gonna sit 1 inch lower than the front for a while, then about 2 months ago I stacked a block on top of the factory, it sucks, im gonna take it out and figure another way to do it. The rear sits higher than the front from the factory so you don't have to lift it as high to get it level. The only way I have come up with so far is a main leaf of 4 or 5 over stock and then about 10 or 12 additional leafs under it, each getting smaller, and still retaining the stock block. Of course this will ride like a tank, if the truck is longbed or/and extended cab that will definately help some. It probably will not flex worth a crap either.

#15 ·
Thanks woody, but its only for the 1500's. My 3/4 ton springs are too wide for the shackle. they are 3" wide. I called and asked a tech at BDS about 2 weeks ago he said there isnt a large enough market for them to develope stuff like that for the 2500/3500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.