Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whell ive been rackn my mind all this week its almost time be for i dump all my saved cash into my truck and whell.. i starting to get worried about 38s on my half ton axel this is gonna be a daily driver and i am going to wheel this baby every chance i get. Whats your take on this even my own mother is telling me im stuiped. Are 38s to big for my half ton axels, steering, drive line, ect. Thanks for your input.. Thanks JOsh

·
Registered
22 Posts
quick answer, I'd say yes. I'm not familiar with your front axle set up but 38's would put lots of stress on any 1/2 ton front axle especially with that front locker of yours. Unless you have your shafts and ujoints strenghtened. But again, when you have your front locked, it's only a matter of time before something breaks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Be prepared to break things.

http://www.moserengineering.com

They've got D44 upgrades, Warn may as well.

With those sizes, it's going to happen. I'll probably end up with that size tire in the future, maybe more (40 with a skyjacker 7" lift), but I won't be daily-driving the truck any more, and will be prepared to either pull a front axle-shaft in order to drive home, or trailer the truck.

But I need to buy a house first. :):

Beef up the axle-shafts, and DEFINITELY replace the u-joints.

You may want to make u-joint replacement a yearly, or twice-yearly thing, depending on how long they are appearing to last.

Also, the type of wheeling affects things a great deal. rock-crawling shreds axle-shafts. Mud much less so, as soft mud gives some. Bajaing I'm not as familiar with, and sand seems like it would be similar to mud, soft enough that it's forgiving.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i wouldnt do the 38's. it would be to much stress and it would constantly break stuff. maybe something like a 37" SSR would look pretty good on it but i wouldnt go to a 38

1 - 4 of 4 Posts