Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, and I mean I'm letting the second coat dry right now, I am lining my nerfbars with Herculiner. I've talked about doing this here before and I'll let you know how it goes.
I needed this done with the lack of mud flaps. The rusting from rocks chipping away the exterior black coat that was present on the Westin Step Bars. So far it looks like a disaster, but I'm not in it for looks, but for results. I think when on the truck it will look good. I'll take some pics and let you guys see for yourself the results.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Culley,

Did you remove any visible surface rust before adding the first coat?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sanded the crap out of the first one. I'm sure I missed some but not anything major.
When I took them off and tipped them a TON of rust fell out from inside the tubes. I'm sure it was only a matter of time before they rusted through.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i would use this stuff if you have any problems...

POR-15® is a high-tech, high performance coating that will stop rust permanently. Unlike ordinary "paints", POR-15® is designed to be coated right onto rusty surfaces, leaving a beautiful, rock-hard finish that won't crack, chip or peel. Use it to coat a rusty frame, floor pans, farm equipment, underwater marine items or even a heavily corroded battery tray and stop rust in its tracks!
Our products are designed to work as a complete system. When used together, these products provide you with a coating that will not only stop rust, but will prevent it from returning.
<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.por-15.com/" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish I would have seen that sooner.

One done, looks good. We'll see how she holds up. when the construction season up here starts in the Summer,the roads are nothing but D1 and can do some damage.....I'll let you know how this stuff holds up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts