Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sort of inherited an 8000 pound warn winch. I think its is a warn m8000. My dad is a mechanic and he had a customer in who wrecked his 4x4 blazer and he gave my dad the winch off of it. My dad said i could have it. Anyway, i was wondering a few things about it. First, it needs a set of gears and a cable. How could i get these things to make it work again? Second, is an 8000 pound winch even big enough to help out a 1/2 ton truck thats stuck? If I was going to buy one i get a bigger one but i cant afford a new one and this one is free so ill use it if I can! Third, what are some functional and cool looking ways to mount it? I would like one of those nice big winch bumpers but cant afford one. I was going to get a grill gaurd but i dont know if i can have a grill gaurd and the winch. Is there any grill gaurds that you can mount a winch on?
Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
warns website should list all the replacement parts that are available and user serviceable for your unit in a service section. what happened to it that it needs new gears? if it was badly damaged in the wreck it may be a lost cause, safety wise. as far as bumpers and guards go, check with local places that deal 4x stuff where your at to see whats available and what you like. then check local salvage yards. it may take some hunting. i scored the deerkiller for my burb for nothing when i bought the bumper that was underneath it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
warn and ramsey both make brushgaurds that you can mount a winch on. also check out quadratechs web page they had a pretty good looking brushgaurd that could take a winch. I am partial to the warn. I have one and it was easy to mount and it is tough. It is a transformer series you can get the center section by itself in chrome or black and can also get the side tips in either color.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts