Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The saga continues. I just added 2" blocks in the rear on top of my skyjacker 3" suspension and PA 3" body lift. I am doing the front end next weekend. What is scareing the crap out of me is that I now have a slight grinding or vibration eminating from my 4wd shifter when I am doing about 40mph and let off the gas. I am praying it will go away once I level the truck back out with the front. Should I stop driving this thing right now or what? Any ideas on what is going on here.
Thanx in advance for any help on this guys.
Topper
96' 1500 360 extended cab short bed

·
Registered
203 Posts
it may be possible that the transfer case shift lever is maxed out to the front and the angle is pulling it back – with the blocks jacking the rear end up and you already having a body lift, the lever has got to be right against the top metal lip. can you just remove the lever and see what happens... i would not be tooling around until i figured out what it was...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sence. Just looking at the lever, it does seem to be touching the front. What suggestions do you have to remedy this. Also,should I look into a spacer to extend my rear axle. I have lost at least 2" of contact on the output of the transfer case.

Thanx for the help, I appreciate it.
Topper

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
On 2002-02-18 10:36, TopperHarley wrote:
That makes sence. Just looking at the lever, it does seem to be touching the front. What suggestions do you have to remedy this. Also,should I look into a spacer to extend my rear axle. I have lost at least 2" of contact on the output of the transfer case.

Thanx for the help, I appreciate it.
Topper

Buy a JBConversions slip yoke eliminator kit and a longer long travel driveshaft :bigthumb::

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
To drop the rear carrier bearing down in the rear you can get a piece of Square 2" Tubing about 6 or 8 inches long and drop the carrier bearing off the bracket, measure the hole diameter and distance apart on the bearing, drill the holes on both sides of the 2" square tubing and bolt it back up, you will also need 2 more bolts. I used that for mine i think it cost me 5 bucks or so to make and about an hour. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have a 2500 Big. Isn't that different than mine. Don't you have a two piece drive shaft in the rear? Mine goes dirrectly from the pumpkin to the transfer case. Maybe I am just misunderstanding. I also get this vibration when the lever is pulled back into 4 wheel drive. So it can't be rubbing up front. I am pretty worried at this point. It almost sounds like gears.I will try romoving the lever and see if I can still hear it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts