Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told that I could fit a set of centerline hellcats on my 98 ram 4x4 without having to grind the calipers. Any body got ideas for a good set of 33" tires for them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm think I'm going to get a set of 15x8. I want a set of tires that look fairly aggressive but are kind of quiet. Maybe BFG AT KO. I've had them before and they were okay. Maybe a set of mickey thompson's 33 but I don't know how they are.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
with a '98, you shouldn't have to do anything to the calipers. it's the 2001's where the calipers are bigger, that's why a 15" wheel wouldn't fit properly...

as far as tires...if you want a tire that is excellent on the street, but aggressive enough to get you out of the tough stuff, i'd recommend the BF Goodrich A/T K/O's!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
The HellCats are great. I have them in a 16x8 on my 2500. I went with TSL radials.
The Goodyear MT/R is nice.
The BFG MT KO's are nice.
The ProComp X terra are good too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they make the hellcats in a 16x8. I can't find em in that size.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I found em on. Think I going to get the 15x8 though since they should fit without grinding the caliper because they make my tire look a littl bigger. Think I'm getting the pro comp at. Since it says that the bf goodrich 33x12.5r15 won't fit on a 15x8.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
hardhead,

a 12.50 wide tire will fit on an 8" wheel...running a tire on an 8" wheel instead of a 10" wheel will also give you more overall tire diameter.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tunis so do you think the bf goodrich at ko or the pro comp at would be a better. Just looking at bf goodrich site and says the 12.5 is recommend for a 8.5 to 11.0.I don't know much about the pro comp but it says 8 .0 to 10.0. I see that your running a 12.5 on an 8.0 so I guess that it work. By the way that is one sweet truck ya got there.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Thanks! my opinion and what i've heard from others and seeing test reviews, the BFG A/T K/O's are the way to go...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info that was the way I was leaning towards the bfg at ko. I guess I'll order my set of 15x8 hellcats and 33x12.5x15 bfg at ko's today. I guess I'll see what kind of lift I'm going to do after I get the wheels. skyjacker 3in. suspension or tuffcountry 2" leveling kit with a 1" block in the back. I rather to the tuffcountry to save some money but I think I might be better off to bite the bullet and go with the 3 in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey hardhead go to http://www.ntwonline.com and click where it says specs next to the BFG A/T
they say for a 33/12.5/15 you can use 8" up to a 11" rim. Just want to let you know that it dosen't matter if you go with procomp or BFG there close to the same size. But I say go with the BFG.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Are you guys sure about this 15" rim on the 1500, I thought 2000 was the change on he wheel size?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Somewhere I read that a 15" hellcat would work even on a truck that comes with 16" OEM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts