Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Alrightythen" Boys & girl's It's time for me to redo my jeep! I'm getting the Mopar multi-port fuel injection kit for my newly rebuilt 6cyl, and I want to install a hedder. (Toss that damn stock manifold!) What kind of hedders are you all using? (if any)
I called Borla (first choice) but they don't offer one for the CJ-5 just the CJ-7. Now, from the firewall forward for both 5's & 7's things are the same. So I think the Borla should fit in my jeep (one way or another) I'm supposed to have an e-mail comming from Borla showing dimensions (havent recieved it yet)
I gota few weeks yet, before I start work on it. so, please, let me know whats being used. Oh yeah, the hedders need to be CA. legal. (NON-exempt)
Thanks
Troy

82' CJ-5
Rok-ready!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Borla is a good company, there are lots of choices out there. Try Heddmen(Think that is how you spell it, or Gibson. I heard some good stuff from Gibson

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Troy -

Why not look into those build it yourself headers? Where you buy the flange with small section of pipe attached then you custom fit the elbows and straight sections until you get them to fit right. Have someone weld them up when you get the fit perfect.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason, I'd luv to assembl my own set, but the problem is the park I live in. The managers (who don't live on site!) frown on ANY automotive maitenance (except for minor upkeep,...oil changes!) To me, rebuilding my Jeep is MINOR, maintenance, they on the other hand have a slightly different defination. Been busted once, next time I get a 30 day notification. Homey don't need that right now......
I will install the new fuel injection under their noses, As I can have all the block stripped in as little as 2.5hrs now. (done many times now!)
Last night I heard about Thorley hedders. I'll be looking them up and talking to them.
I looked at Headman, (haven't called yet) what they advertise on their site is for V8 applications.
Jason, who supplies the "put-it-together-yourself hedders? Or, where can I find them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts