Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their axles on their Rams? Im thinking of replacing my front inner and outer shafts, u-joints, and rear axles. I figured that if I replace my gears and add lockers, I should strengthen up the drive axles to be able to handle the added stress. What are your thoughts or experience with stock axles versus heavy duty axles???

·
Registered
502 Posts
Tunis,
I remember reading something on here a while back about someone with a 1500 replacing the front and rear ends with units off of a 2500. That might give you some of what you are looking for. Only problem there is you have to get new 8 lug wheels.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The guy who built this truck emailed me with some pics at work... he wants 6000 dollars per axle. they allow a second axle to be linked behind it for a 6x6 conversion.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
You can get shafts from or made by Warn, Superior, Moser... The Warns are through hardend, not surface hardend like the others.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marc,

That's disgusting! Yuck! :lol: I was just talking about the heavy duty replacement shafts as Jason just mentioned above...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The bumper is sweet though. Hey everyone, TUNIS told me he wanted one of those half shells, but he wants red to contract his silver truck...j/k Tunis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts